Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

B350 questions

Hi, I have a few questions about AMD B350 boards.

When looking at the GSkill Trident Z RGB (F4-3200C14D-16GTZR)  QVL page you cant find any B350 boards. Does this mean anything?
Also, at launch I read a lot of reports about B350 boards having a longer boottime than X370, is this still the case?

It means G.Skill hasn't tested that set of memory with any B350 board, or has done that and they all 'failed' their qualifications.

Usually it's a combination of both.

You're asking B350 vs. X370 (not Z370) right? Because if so, I think it was only an issue on some B350 boards at launch, but don't quote me on that. 

But about those qualifications, qualified means running at full (3200Mhz) speeds, but really all board will boot at least with it, but might get 2933Mhz possibly. Check the QVL list of your motherboard for similar sets of memory and the speeds other are getting online.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

if i am not mistaken most boards now can run 3200 if using B-die, longer boot times is a problem but dont know which boards are affected, msi boards also had problems with bios and memory so dont get those.