Headphones for true sounding music!?

moderategamer
1 minute ago, Syntaxvgm said:

well I praised the removable cable, but those 60$ headphones you listed also have it, so lol yah. I like the way they sound, but I like bad things and hate a lot of things audiophiles like, like sennheisers for no good reason. And I hate NS-10s, but that's because they are the fucking worst and I will argue anyone on that. Everyone who likes NS-10s likes them because they were conditioned to. Never have I heard anyone defend any other monitor with 'you may have to put a piece of paper over the tweeters' and then say it's the best thing ever made. 

Oh were we talking headphones? 

Well yes we were talking headphones. And the M50Xs do have their major problems. I consider them like the Beats of the audiophile headphone world, they are the headphones that everyone is drawn to but they are terrible.

2 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

They seem nice also but for some reason they're £100 on Amazon in the UK which is like $130

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Just now, Max_Settings said:

Well yes we were talking headphones. And the M50Xs do have their major problems. I consider them like the Beats of the audiophile headphone world, they are the headphones that everyone is drawn to but they are terrible.

what about them don't you like? I mean, you're certainly not the only one. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Just now, Syntaxvgm said:

=) I may have to get these. My v6s are in fairly good shape but I need more than 1 set of over ears. These might be my couch set. 

Yes those would be a good set to wear on the couch. I've heard of people sleeping with them on they are so comfortable.

Just now, moderategamer said:

They seem nice also but for some reason they're £100 on Amazon in the UK which is like $130

yikes. They bounce between 60 and 70 for amazon in the us, and are 50$ on newegg. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

yikes. They bounce between 60 and 70 for amazon in the us, and are 50$ on newegg. 

Yeah it's weird usually are prices are pretty comparable sometimes even better in the UK real disappointment. 

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Just now, Syntaxvgm said:

what about them don't you like? I mean, you're certainly not the only one. 

There are many things, but there are two big problems. First off the treble is just murderous, it is so fatiguing to listen to. I know some people would argue sensitivity to treble, but this is so much I don't know how anyone deals with it. Secondly this is something that is hard to understand until you have listened to other headphones, but the M50Xs are intense. They shove the sound right down your ear, they almost sound like IEMs, it is a weird experience and not a pleasant one. Other headphones, take my 6XXs, they just present the sound for you to listen, the M50Xs take the sound and shove it down your ears like a knife. I own a pair of M50Xs and have done extensive listening so I am speaking from experience. Then I would also argue that the M50Xs are muddy and some other problems.

5 minutes ago, moderategamer said:

Still under $150 though.

Still under $150 though.

Yeah that's true I would always know that I spent too much money on them though.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

There are many things, but there are two big problems. First off the treble is just murderous, it is so fatiguing to listen to. I know some people would argue sensitivity to treble, but this is so much I don't know how anyone deals with it. Secondly this is something that is hard to understand until you have listened to other headphones, but the M50Xs are intense. They shove the sound right down your ear, they almost sound like IEMs, it is a weird experience and not a pleasant one. Other headphones, take my 6XXs, they just present the sound for you to listen, the M50Xs take the sound and shove it down your ears like a knife. I own a pair of M50Xs and have done extensive listening so I am speaking from experience. Then I would also argue that the M50Xs are muddy and some other problems.

I tend to like things that others complain rape their ear holes. But yea, part of the reason I never got them, I don't think I'd use them for everything. 

muh specs 

All parts black

2 minutes ago, moderategamer said:

Yeah that's true I would always know that I spent too much money on them though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Philips-SHP9500-HiFi-Precision-Stereo-Over-ear-Headphones-Black/222631699185

here's an ebay seller if you're ok with ebay. 

muh specs 

All parts black

2 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

I tend to like things that others complain rape their ear holes. But yea, part of the reason I never got them, I don't think I'd use them for everything. 

I don't recommend trying them. I'm going to replace them with probably T50RP MK3s

Thanks that's an option not a huge fan of ebay purely because I've had too many good experiences with Amazon and their returns policy.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

I don't recommend trying them. I'm going to replace them with probably T50RP MK3s

What I'm probably gonna do is get something like the ones you suggested and then get something in the 2-300$ range and a dedicated dac/amp combo not because I need it, but because a couple of computers I use have TRASH built in audio, so Ill just use it with a usb switch. 

muh specs 

All parts black

1 minute ago, moderategamer said:

Thanks that's an option not a huge fan of ebay purely because I've had too many good experiences with Amazon and their returns policy.

Well IDK what else I would reccomend in that price range. Like I said I prefer those over 559s, 598s, or M40Xs. That's about all that's in your price range.

What I'm probably gonna do is get something like the ones you suggested and then get something in the 2-300$ range and a dedicated dac/amp combo not because I need it, but because a couple of computers I use have TRASH built in audio, so Ill just use it with a usb switch. 

$200-$300 probably go with 600s or 650s.

Oh how much are Fostex TR90s where you are?

Just now, moderategamer said:

good point. 

Jeeze even v6s cost like nearly 80 pounds. Wow. Idk what to recommend over there. Hopefully someone from over the sea can help? 

muh specs 

All parts black

$200-$300 probably go with 600s or 650s.

I hate sennheisers. Friend of mine has a pair of 558s I think and I'd pick my v6s any day, and while I remember hating the 650s, I haven't heard them in years. I think I'll be making a trip to this place near me called sweetwater to try some stuff before I buy whenever I decide to. They're not bad headphones and a lot of people love them, but something about their sound I hate. 

muh specs 

All parts black

I hate sennheisers. Friend of mine has a pair of 558s I think and I'd pick my v6s any day, and while I remember hating the 650s, I haven't heard them in years. I think I'll be making a trip to this place near me called sweetwater to try some stuff before I buy whenever I decide to. They're not bad headphones and a lot of people love them, but something about their sound I hate. 

There are some people who hate the Sennheiser sound, granted not many it's probably the most loved sound in the audiophile world, but there are other options. Look at K7XXs, HE400is, DT880s, or a used pair of TH-X00s

5 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Oh how much are Fostex TR90s where you are?

Can't seem to find them.

5 minutes ago, Syntaxvgm said:

good point. 

Jeeze even v6s cost like nearly 80 pounds. Wow. Idk what to recommend over there. Hopefully someone from over the sea can help? 

Not a fan of sennheiser either I had a cheap pair of closed backs from them many years ago and they were terrible I mean they were cheap and haven't tried any of their more pricey ones but the sound was so terrible on the cheap ones it has put me off. There are no shops here that sell decent headphones so I can't even go and test any out which sucks because everyone's different.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

Thanks for all the help guys got a few options to think about now.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

1 minute ago, Max_Settings said:

There are some people who hate the Sennheiser sound, granted not many it's probably the most loved sound in the audiophile world, but there are other options. Look at K7XXs, HE400is, DT880s, or a used pair of TH-X00s

well it's definitely a sound that's unique and I understand liking it. Just how I like my v curve and like the way these old sony headphones sound as well (I tend to throw an equalizer on them to make that v sound with some music but not stuff like games or electronic music)

muh specs 

All parts black

HD6XX is the best headphone you get for $200. Now I'll just try to condense why M50x is hated by so many.

The reason why M50x is hated:

M50 was the original best budget headphone and was released during a time when there was no competition. Sure there are issues, like wonky treble and too much bass but there was no other option at the time for $100 at that time so it was recommended. AT decided to release the M50x to ride on the hype train but now there are many other better options out there to ever justify the cost of the M50x. Most people do not hate the M50x, they hate the new people who just shill M50x all the way because they have seen 1 MKBHD video. This is a typical conversation whenever it is brought up

"What headphone should I buy for cheap?"

A: "M50x"

B: "M50x is not a good choice anymore, there are better alternatives"

A: "The M50x is a good headphone and you don't know anything better. Don't hate on the M50x."

Can't seem to find them.

Not a fan of sennheiser either I had a cheap pair of closed backs from them many years ago and they were terrible I mean they were cheap and haven't tried any of their more pricey ones but the sound was so terrible on the cheap ones it has put me off. There are no shops here that sell decent headphones so I can't even go and test any out which sucks because everyone's different.

thing about them is they seem to cheap out on the construction and have good sound for the price. 

muh specs 

All parts black