Di5a5t3r

Hey!

Specs: 

MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz 16GB
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake Prosessor
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 ROG Strix Gaming

Everything i stock! 

I have just bought this stuff (2 days old) except the GPU.

All my harddrives are formatted. And i only have windows, latest drivers and the games.

GPU temp is at 65 degress 
CPU temp is at 55 degrees

This is while gaming!

Here is the issue: 

Im playing assassins creed origins, yes, its poorly optimized. But i have turned the graphics down and set the max fps to 60. 

Now, the game runs great in the open fields where i tested this. I have constant 60 fps. NO FPS DROP!

But i still get a weird stutter. Its not a hard stutter, kinda soft if you know what i mean. Kinda difficult to explain, but hopefully you understand it. This also happens when im playing Destiny 2. 

Can it be any of my harddrives?

Just to get it out of the way, i had a i7 7700k, but because of heat problems i change to i7 6700k, and this happend with the i7 7700k aswell. I formatted the harddrives both times so its a fresh installation. FYI 

disable vsync, try to even go lower in quality for slightly higher fps than 60

i think I get that feeling of ‘stutter’ too but I describe it as ‘input lag’ and it’s fixed for me by going higher FPS than the refresh rate of my montior by a couple to 10 more FPS

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

3 minutes ago, themctipers said:

disable vsync, try to even go lower in quality for slightly higher fps than 60

i think I get that feeling of ‘stutter’ too but I describe it as ‘input lag’ and it’s fixed for me by going higher FPS than the refresh rate of my montior by a couple to 10 more FPS

I dont have vsync on. There is a FPS limit in the game. Off, 30, 45, 60 and 90. But i turned it off and set the graphics at the lowest it can be, but i still get the stutter :/

it has been widely discussed in numerous threads here already, this game has 2 different layers of DRM. One of them is being called constantly driving up CPU usage and is likely causing your micro stutters you sound like to be having. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

8 minutes ago, legacy99 said:

it has been widely discussed in numerous threads here already, this game has 2 different layers of DRM. One of them is being called constantly driving up CPU usage and is likely causing your micro stutters you sound like to be having. 

yeah, i heard about that, and my CPU was at 100%, but that was my old i7 3770k. My i7 6700k is at max 75% all the time when the graphics was at it lowest. Should i get micro stutter when its not using 100%? 

I don't know the specifics. But you don't need 100% utilisation for it to happen.

The DRM takes cycles to complete whilst the game has to wait until it's finished before continuing causing a tiny delay which can Cascade through the system causing stuttering.

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

if you dont have an SSD, thats why.

I do have an ssd, but even if i didnt, i doubt thats why

• 9 months later...
On 11/2/2017 at 11:35 PM, Di5a5t3r said:

Hey!

Specs: 

MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z270F Gaming
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz 16GB
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K Skylake Prosessor
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 ROG Strix Gaming

Everything i stock! 

I have just bought this stuff (2 days old) except the GPU.

All my harddrives are formatted. And i only have windows, latest drivers and the games.

GPU temp is at 65 degress 
CPU temp is at 55 degrees

This is while gaming!

Here is the issue: 

Im playing assassins creed origins, yes, its poorly optimized. But i have turned the graphics down and set the max fps to 60. 

Now, the game runs great in the open fields where i tested this. I have constant 60 fps. NO FPS DROP!

But i still get a weird stutter. Its not a hard stutter, kinda soft if you know what i mean. Kinda difficult to explain, but hopefully you understand it. This also happens when im playing Destiny 2. 

Can it be any of my harddrives?

Just to get it out of the way, i had a i7 7700k, but because of heat problems i change to i7 6700k, and this happend with the i7 7700k aswell. I formatted the harddrives both times so its a fresh installation. FYI 

im literall experiencing this now but on fortnite. i capped it at 60FPS cause my moniter is a 60hz so i didnt see a point on my pc working itself so hard at 100% so i capped it so it can sit at 50 but then im getting like a stutter so im confused. i dont have  vsync anmd i have a ssd