Best OBS Settings for 1080p 60fps

What are the best 1080p 60fps settings

My currently settings result in choppy footage if i don't have vsync on

Start with your PC specs and upload speed. Otherwise anything we say is irrelevant.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

9 minutes ago, Thony said:

Start with your PC specs and upload speed. Otherwise anything we say is irrelevant.

I7 6700

GTX 1060 3gb

16gb Ram

1tb Hard Drive

Im not streaming but my speeds are 35 download and 5 upload

What Thony said.

CPU is important, what service you're streaming to (1080p60 for fast motion games isn't feasible with the upload limits services like Twitch have), all that info. If you want to better understand the impact of OBS settings, i've done this for people to watch (hope im not overstepping bounds posting this here though, not particularly trying to advertise just a video i've made relevant to the OP's post)

edit: ok just saw the specs, typing....

Good CPU, okay-ish upload. 1080p60 not doable with a good visual quality with that upload though.
-OBS settings
-Output
-Output mode: Advanced
-Encoder: x264
-uncheck "enforce streaming service encoder settings" for now
-Do NOT check "rescale output"
-Rate Control: CBR
-Bitrate: 3500 should be a good balance
-Keyframe Interval: 2
-CPU usage Preset: this one you can play with depending if your FPS in games takes a noticable enough hit. Start with "veryfast"
-Profile: leave alone
-Tune: leave alone

Video
-Base (Canvas) resolution: Your monitor's resoution
-Output (scaled) resolution: 1280x720
-Downscale filter: Lanczos
-Common FPS Values: 30   [you can try 60fps which will likely run fine, but 3500 bitrate isn't a ton to make an image look clear and sharp with more FPS or more resolution and a higher fps value will hit your CPU harder too. 60fps will be half the image quality, theoretically, of 30fps since the same 3500 bitrate has to be spread out thru more frames now]

See how you like that

YouTube/CoalitionGaming - Cameras: Canon 1DX MkII, Canon EOS M6 MkII, Panasonic Lumix G85
The Gaming/Streaming/Editing Rig: Codename
LINCHPIN 
Ryzen 9 5900X // Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite mobo // 32gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600mhz // Swiftech Boreas custom CPU loop & IRIS Helix Fans // Lian LI PC-O11 Dynamic Case // Nvidia RTX 3080 FE  // Sandisk x400 1tb SSD // Micron 2tb SSD // WD 1tb Blue HDD // SK Hynix Gold P31 NVME 1tb SSD // 

3 minutes ago, cookie rager said:

I7 6700

GTX 1060 3gb

16gb Ram

1tb Hard Drive

Im not streaming but my speeds are 35 download and 5 upload

If thats your secondary stream only machine then fine. If you game on this at same time then its just not enough for 60fps video streaming.

720p 45fps is probably the best way to go. 1080p streaming is pointless with the budget PC. Some top end streamers dont even do 1080p....

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Just now, Thony said:

If thats your secondary stream only machine then fine. If you game on this at same time then its just not enough for 60fps video streaming.

I want to record tho? Im not streaming

3 minutes ago, cookie rager said:

If you're recording locally, you should just switch OBS to using hardware-encoder (NVENC) and set bitrate to 30Mbps or more. You can always recompress the recording later on when you're not gaming, if you want it to take less space.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 minutes ago, cookie rager said:

Oh! Didn't realize you wanted to record not stream. Is there a reason Nvidia Shadowplay/Geforce Experience/Geforce Share isn't an option?

YouTube/CoalitionGaming - Cameras: Canon 1DX MkII, Canon EOS M6 MkII, Panasonic Lumix G85
LINCHPIN 
Ryzen 9 5900X // Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite mobo // 32gb G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600mhz // Swiftech Boreas custom CPU loop & IRIS Helix Fans // Lian LI PC-O11 Dynamic Case // Nvidia RTX 3080 FE  // Sandisk x400 1tb SSD // Micron 2tb SSD // WD 1tb Blue HDD // SK Hynix Gold P31 NVME 1tb SSD // 

5 minutes ago, CoalitionGaming said:

Oh! Didn't realize you wanted to record not stream. Is there a reason Nvidia Shadowplay/Geforce Experience/Geforce Share isn't an option?

I've tried that but the quality isn't too great and i wanna upload these videos to youtube

Just now, cookie rager said:

I've tried that but the quality isn't too great and i wanna upload these videos to youtube

Usually quality with Shadowplay is top notch. You sure its set up right? Have it capture at like 30mbps (to a separate hard drive if available as well), you can set the FPS and resolution and all that in those settings too. The higher the bitrate, the better it'll look but 20-30mbps is usually pretty good.

Otherwise just use NVENC in OBS by going to the output tab, selecting advanced, and under "encoder" select nvenc. Set the bitrate to 30mbps/30000kbps, then go to the video tab and set your resolutions. Base canvas = monitor resolution, output resolution = resolution of the recording. Set the lanczos filter and set the framerate you want to record at as well. 

LINCHPIN 

3 minutes ago, CoalitionGaming said:

Usually quality with Shadowplay is top notch. You sure its set up right? Have it capture at like 30mbps (to a separate hard drive if available as well), you can set the FPS and resolution and all that in those settings too. The higher the bitrate, the better it'll look but 20-30mbps is usually pretty good.

Otherwise just use NVENC in OBS by going to the output tab, selecting advanced, and under "encoder" select nvenc. Set the bitrate to 30mbps/30000kbps, then go to the video tab and set your resolutions. Base canvas = monitor resolution, output resolution = resolution of the recording. Set the lanczos filter and set the framerate you want to record at as well. 

Ah i will try that thanks