Intel Haswell incoming this summer

Artorias
are we EVER going to see a desktop chip ever again?

to clarify, everything after nehalem was very clearly optimized for mobile.

There's nothing on the article that says Broadwell will have an LGA chip, though.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).
 (Total: $340 USD)

They are mostly focusing on powersaving and IGPU for mobile hopefully we see something good from AMD?
I was more interested about the igpu on the haswell' date=' the rest is like... meh. And I would sit back and watch how AMD counters this. I do hope AMD can come out with something competitive at the flagship end of chips.[/quote']

Well we do have AMD's Steamroller coming out 2013Q4 or 2014Q1, we'll just have to wait and see how that turns out, if Haswell doesn't perform any better than Sandy/Ivy then Steamroller might be the killing factor for next generation, or at least until Broadwell comes about, but then Excavator could be a great competitor, guess time will tell.

I really hope that AMD's Steamroller will have a much greater performance than today's Piledriver and I also do hope that AMD can come up with something to compete w/ Intel's High End Processors.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!
Super Budget Gaming Build: Intel Pentium G1610, Gigabye GA-H61M-DS2 rev. 3, Kingston Value RAM 4GB CL9 1333MHz, Fractal Design Core 1000, Corsair VS 450, WD 1TB, Powercolor Radeon HD 7750 1GB/GDDR5, (Optional: Asus DRW-24B1ST).

They are mostly focusing on powersaving and IGPU for mobile hopefully we see something good from AMD?
I was more interested about the igpu on the haswell' date=' the rest is like... meh. And I would sit back and watch how AMD counters this. I do hope AMD can come out with something competitive at the flagship end of chips.[/quote']

Well we do have AMD's Steamroller coming out 2013Q4 or 2014Q1, we'll just have to wait and see how that turns out, if Haswell doesn't perform any better than Sandy/Ivy then Steamroller might be the killing factor for next generation, or at least until Broadwell comes about, but then Excavator could be a great competitor, guess time will tell.

AMD has said that each new iteration of the FX line of CPUs will grant 10%-15% better performance compared to the last one in the line. When switching from Bulldozer to Piledriver their statement was true, so we can hope for at LEAST the 10%-15% increase for Steamroller. It's not much, but compared to Bulldozer it's a huge improvement and if Excavator does the same then AMD will be having some hefty CPUs as long as Intel stays the way they are with Haswell and Broadwell does decent.

In all seriousness, are we gamers going to have to start using Xeon processors to advance the medium in the future? If this is the end of the line for CPU design, what then? How much die space is Intel going to waste on their CPUs on iGPU-area 5 years from now? 10 years? Will we not be able to build computers anymore, have our storage taken away and be told to stream all our games so the gaming industry will win and get us to 'rent' every game? We must prepare to overthrow the corporations!

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I'm still on Conroe Core2Duo. Time to upgrade? :)
Hahaha! I'm still on a Core2Quad which is pretty much still a baller if I overclock it to 3GHz or more. I still don't see a need to change my CPU if I'm just gonna buy a low end one, anyway. :D

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

In all seriousness, are we gamers going to have to start using Xeon processors to advance the medium in the future? If this is the end of the line for CPU design, what then? How much die space is Intel going to waste on their CPUs on iGPU-area 5 years from now? 10 years? Will we not be able to build computers anymore, have our storage taken away and be told to stream all our games so the gaming industry will win and get us to 'rent' every game? We must prepare to overthrow the corporations!
As we all know, almost all the mainstream consumers are moving in to mobile devices for maximum portability and multi-purpose usage. I'm sad to say what kind of future were looking at as enthusiasts.

\[T]/ Praise the Sun!

just a bit more eco friendly i doubt its anything worth upgrading too just better for non gamers but if amd would be smart and rebuild a new gen phenom III i will switch straight to that.

PRIMARY NVIDIA PC

("I'm a Fanboy of Everything")
| CPU - i5-4670K @ 4.8ghz | CPU Cooler - Antec Kühler H2O 620 | GPU(S) - BIOS MODDED Twin GTX 770 4gb (Gigabyte)-master (Zotac)-slave @ 1337/2000 (8000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI Z87 GD65 Gaming | PSU - Corsair TX850M | Ram - 8gb Gskill RipjawsX @ 1866Mhz | Monitor - Samsung 27" 550 1080p 75Hz | Keyboard - Razer Black-Widow Ultimate 2013 | Storage - 2x 1TB WD-Blacks' | Mouse - AzzA Mouse Would Say "SQUEEKSQUEEK"|

SECONDARY RADEON PC

| CPU - A10-6800K @ 4.6ghz | CPU Cooler - CM Hyper EVO 212 | GPU(S) Twin Radeon 270x 2gb @ 1115/1500 (6000 Effective) | Mobo - MSI FM2-A85XA-G65 | PSU - Logisys 750W | Ram - 8gb @ 1600mhz | Moniter - Acer 24'' 1080p 60Hz

are we EVER going to see a desktop chip ever again?

to clarify, everything after nehalem was very clearly optimized for mobile.

Well, you don't really see an AMD FX 8350-like cpu in a laptop, do you? lol

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

I doubt there will be much of an Improvement, Only a better iGPU to be honest.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0