My first build, I know very little...

Hello,

I want to build my first PC and I require help from a experience PC builders. 

I want to make small sized and quiet system strong enough for 1440p gaming (at least with some titles).

Case : for a case I was considering fractal designed nano, since it's small,  sound isolated and had window (I know silly...) any ideas are very welcomed.

CPU : I've been thinking about intels i5 i8400 or i8600. I'm not sure if it is worth to pay extra for oc that I will never do. And I'm not sure if clock speed will impact my gaming in any significant way. (I need help on that one!). Cost is not that much higher but at this same time I would not like to spend more then I have to specially if I will not utilise it. 

GPU: I've been thinking about 1070 in small factor I've seen one that appears to be half of the normal size. But I have doubts if I should not wait for 1070ti. Also I'm not sure how it will end up with heat and noise. So I struggle in picking specific model. 

RAM: I know nothing about that except that I will pick 2440mhz or less since I've heard that there is no point in having faster ram.do you think I can save up few bucks on slower ram? Still 2k tho.  Also I have question, is it possible to have too big ram for motherboard? All itx motherboard s looks so small and ram looks so bulky... At least on pictures... I think there's no point in spending too much on ram (correct me if I'm wrong). 

Motherboard: I know nothing except that it has to be small (as you can see I don't really know a lot.) any recommendations are welcomed.  

PSU: I don't know what to pick since I don't know what is enough power for my set up plus I would like something quiet.

Cooling: I've been thinking about nocture since it's reasonable prize, it's small and buyers clame it is silent fan. Plus do I need car fans for this build? 

Misc: is there way to pimp look of this set up ?I mean something classy like cables or some small leds. 

Please if you can make any suggestion or give me any advices for that set up I would really appreciate it since I don't think I want to go for console... 

Thank you in advance, 

Lukasz

13 minutes ago, Silentgatekeeper said:

Hello,

I want to make small sized and quiet system strong enough for 1440p gaming (at least with some titles).

Case : for a case I was considering fractal designed nano, since it's small,  sound isolated and had window (I know silly...) any ideas are very welcomed.

CPU : I've been thinking about intels i5 i8400 or i8600. I'm not sure if it is worth to pay extra for oc that I will never do. And I'm not sure if clock speed will impact my gaming in any significant way. (I need help on that one!). Cost is not that much higher but at this same time I would not like to spend more then I have to specially if I will not utilise it. 

GPU: I've been thinking about 1070 in small factor I've seen one that appears to be half of the normal size. But I have doubts if I should not wait for 1070ti. Also I'm not sure how it will end up with heat and noise. So I struggle in picking specific model. 

RAM: I know nothing about that except that I will pick 2440mhz or less since I've heard that there is no point in having faster ram.do you think I can save up few bucks on slower ram? Still 2k tho.  Also I have question, is it possible to have too big ram for motherboard? All itx motherboard s looks so small and ram looks so bulky... At least on pictures... I think there's no point in spending too much on ram (correct me if I'm wrong). 

Motherboard: I know nothing except that it has to be small (as you can see I don't really know a lot.) any recommendations are welcomed.  

PSU: I don't know what to pick since I don't know what is enough power for my set up plus I would like something quiet.

Cooling: I've been thinking about nocture since it's reasonable prize, it's small and buyers clame it is silent fan. Plus do I need car fans for this build? 

Misc: is there way to pimp look of this set up ?I mean something classy like cables or some small leds. 

Please if you can make any suggestion or give me any advices for that set up I would really appreciate it since I don't think I want to go for console... 

Thank you in advance, 

Lukasz

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qx6T2R this one is very good. Of course you can get a R7 if you wanna pay more

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 1600 OC 3,7ghz
  • Motherboard
    ASrock AB350 Pro4 ATX
  • RAM
    A-Data 2666mhz upgraded to Corsair LPX 2x8gb 3000mhz
  • GPU
    GTX 1060 6gb
  • Case
    Segotep Chariot TF
  • Storage
    1TB HDD, 240gb M.2 Intel NVMe SSD
  • PSU
    Evga 600w B+
  • Display(s)
    Samsung Full HD 24' Free sync
  • Cooling
    3x 120mm case fans
  • Keyboard
    Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
  • Mouse
    Razer DeathAdder Elite
  • Sound
    Razer Kraken Pro
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

14 minutes ago, Silentgatekeeper said:

Hello,

Thank you in advance, 

Lukasz

Also no need for those kind of cpu cooling since your not going to over lock.

• CPU
    Ryzen 5 1600 OC 3,7ghz
  • Motherboard
    ASrock AB350 Pro4 ATX
  • RAM
    A-Data 2666mhz upgraded to Corsair LPX 2x8gb 3000mhz
  • GPU
    GTX 1060 6gb
  • Case
    Segotep Chariot TF
  • Storage
    1TB HDD, 240gb M.2 Intel NVMe SSD
  • PSU
    Evga 600w B+
  • Display(s)
    Samsung Full HD 24' Free sync
  • Cooling
    3x 120mm case fans
  • Keyboard
    Razer BlackWidow Chroma V2
  • Mouse
    Razer DeathAdder Elite
  • Sound
    Razer Kraken Pro
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro

Thank you for your response, I've been thinking about this type of cooling and case so i can make it small and quiet. I really dislike loud working machines and I don't have that much space for bigger . So you don't that ryzen will be better pick them coffee lake? And what should I look in motherboard's? Are there any features I should look for.?