New Colussus

DarthNeo1964

Get it from a proper source, not a gray-market. At least that way you know the money will support the devs.

Getting keys from such sources likely only hurts the developer, even more than piracy.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I wish I had money for games :(  

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

8 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Get it from a proper source, not a gray-market. At least that way you know the money will support the devs.

Getting keys from such sources likely only hurts the developer, even more than piracy.

I doubt that, since someone some where paid the publisher for the keys and the devs got their cut.

Where as with piracy no one gets paid for the game period.

8 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Ive heard most of these are just the keys that people get for free when they buy a video card, so the devs have already made their money...right?

Just now, DarthNeo1964 said:

Ive heard most of these are just the keys that people get for free when they buy a video card, so the devs have already made their money...right?

Yes or keys that were sold in other markets where games prices are much lower then north America.

4 minutes ago, DarthNeo1964 said:

If you dont care it doesn't really matter. I've never heard of CDkeys, I've used kinguin for a few games and their customer support is very speedy and fast if anything goes wrong.

(also some keys from gray markets are bought with stolen Credit cards, and fraud and stuff.)

Just now, kalnick said:

I doubt that, since someone some where paid the publisher for the keys and the devs got their cut.

Where as with piracy no one gets paid for the game period.

That's half the story.

Usually keys on the grey market are bought with stolen credit cards. Once the credit card company can block it it's already too late because the thief already has the game keys. Because it was an illegal transaction the seller rarely gets paid in the end (so no money for the devs). Also gamers buy those keys and use them. Developers are basically forced in letting those gamers play their game and actually using their servers (servers cost money) so in the end letting players use those gray market keys is worse than piracy because they have to run servers for them and offer them support, costing them money while pirates don't cost them anything and in the long run they might even buy keys from a legit source earning them money eventually.

@huilun02 If they could do that, why don't they do it then? For me it seems very clear why they won't just revoke those keys. Games that get bought with stolen credit cards happen all the time. In the end that would mean you would constantly need to revoke keys, if you do that people will get mad and will start to go crazy on the internet. If you keep revoking keys more people will get mad and they would get louder and louder. Because it's difficult to prove the internet that you did the right thing most of them will just accept the loss and move on.

Nobody wants bad PR and revoking keys from people is a really easy way to get bad PR regardless if it's the right thing to do or not.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

CDKeys is fine. They are a key distributor, not a key marketplace unlike G2A and Kinguin. All the keys you get from CDKeys are straight from CDKeys, not criminals. They've been around for a few years, and never have I heard of any bad experiences with them. I get a good portion of my AAA titles from them, same as many of my friends, and it was a flawless experience every time.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

20 minutes ago, Frankenburger said:

CDKeys is fine. They are a key distributor, not a key marketplace unlike G2A and Kinguin. All the keys you get from CDKeys are straight from CDKeys, not criminals. They've been around for a few years, and never have I heard of any bad experiences with them. I get a good portion of my AAA titles from them, same as many of my friends, and it was a flawless experience every time.

That has been my experience as well...