RGB BNC Cables

I want to know what wire to buy to make rgb cables. They need to carry RGBS signals and right/left audio (twisted prefered). I can't seem to find what wire to buy. I know connectors, and wiring but don't know if I ne 6,8,10 conductor cables. 

13 minutes ago, Bmoney said:

I want to know what wire to buy to make rgb cables. They need to carry RGBS signals and right/left audio (twisted prefered). I can't seem to find what wire to buy. I know connectors, and wiring but don't know if I ne 6,8,10 conductor cables. 

Lemme see if I can help.  RGB = red, green, blue so with just that you will need a ground and then a positive for each of the colors, ie: four wires and that is just for the RGB signals.  Then you have the audio signal.  That will also need a ground along with a positive lead for the left channel and a positive for the right channel, ie: three wires.  Now considering the gounrd (negative) lead is common to both the RGB and audio signals we only need 1 wire to cover both bases.

So if I have my math correct, three wires representing the RGB positive leads and two wires representing the audio positive leads (one left, one right) bringing the total number of positive leads to five.  Now lets remember we still have the common (negative) lead bringing the total number of leads to six.

If anyone has a better way of taking a shot at explaining this or if I have gotten something wrong, please don't hesitate to let me know.  Good luck.

2 minutes ago, Bmoney said:

Your forgetting the composite sync lead also

Crappers, I'm taking the Hilary defense.  I nonutin'

The most important thing is to make sure they are shielded so you don't get cross talk especially with the video and audio. (A white screen can cause a hum on the audio without shielding.) I would say you would want shielded pairs for the R, G, B, C-Sync, Left Audio, and Right Audio. So you would want 12 conductors for the signal cable and ground cable of each of the signals I listed before. Just make sure they are shielded pairs and shielded on the outside to prevent outside cross talk.

also depends on the kind of rgb i have just soldered some apa102 strips and those are digital so 1 positive 1 ground 1 clock 1 data

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3