Ryzen mobile announced

porina

AMD still doesn't fully integrate the GPU for CPU related tasks... They still go off shoving a decent range GPU on the same die using basic GPU tasks. Still waiting for a proper APU. 

1 hour ago, Rodinski said:

AMD still doesn't fully integrate the GPU for CPU related tasks... They still go off shoving a decent range GPU on the same die using basic GPU tasks. Still waiting for a proper APU. 

Not sure what you're expecting?

HSA should be supported although it seems a bit dead in the water.

It requires developers to offload work to the GPU instead unless you expect AMD to obfuscate that entirely and do it themselves which could end up as a disaster.

Has there been any news as to whether AMD will have unlocked clocks or voltages for their laptop APUs? It would be interesting bumping the clocks up for the GPU and getting a small undervolt if there is any headroom. (Especially so for the possible ~45w variants)

Just now, tjcater said:

Has there been any news as to whether AMD will have unlocked clocks or voltages for their laptop APUs? It would be interesting bumping the clocks up for the GPU and getting a small undervolt if there is any headroom. (Especially so for the possible ~45w variants)

Not that I'm aware of. I think it's up to the OEM to open up that possibility. I don't think AMD will actively block it unless it compromises functionality or reliability.

7 hours ago, Trixanity said:

Not sure what you're expecting?

HSA should be supported although it seems a bit dead in the water.

It requires developers to offload work to the GPU instead unless you expect AMD to obfuscate that entirely and do it themselves which could end up as a disaster.

I was thinking on the grounds of the decoder offloading work to the GPU. 

3 hours ago, Rodinski said:

I was thinking on the grounds of the decoder offloading work to the GPU. 

Which work that isn't currently GPU accelerated (as per developer support) would you imagine it'll be doing?