How can I buy processors directly form Intel/AMD?

Basically, I want to start an online business, how do I buy directly form Intel and AMD?

2 minutes ago, drkknghtavngr said:

Basically, I want to start an online business, how do I buy directly form Intel and AMD?

You'd have to buy per thousand units most likely. After lots of working proving you'd be a worthwhile vendor.

1 minute ago, Legendarypoet said:

You'd have to buy per thousand units most likely. After lots of working proving you'd be a worthwhile vendor.

thousand units? how certain are you? Cause Im talking bout 20-50 units as a start xD

I think asking such a question shows that you are probably not ready to start your own business.
There is a lot more to it, than to simply buy products from manufacturers and sell them at a higher cost.

But not to look like a dick, I'll answer your question at a very basic level:
You'll usually buy products from distributers and not from the manufacturer directly, if we're talking about a retail-business, which I guess is the case.

Edit: And no, you don't need to buy a thousand units. That's ridiculous.

Smaller retailers are doing just fine buying small amounts of 5 to 10 CPUs for example.

Just now, drkknghtavngr said:

thousand units? how certain are you? Cause Im talking bout 20-50 units as a start xD

To be in direct contact with Intel, something like that. But there are other channels to obtain lower quantities.

8 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I think asking such a question shows that you are probably not ready to start your own business.
There is a lot more to it, than to simply buy products from manufacturers and sell them at a higher cost.

But not to look like a dick, I'll answer your question at a very basic level:
You'll usually buy products from distributers and not from the manufacturer directly, if we're talking about a retail-business, which I guess is the case.

Edit: And no, you don't need to buy a thousand units. That's ridiculous.

Smaller retailers are doing just fine buying small amounts of 5 to 10 CPUs for example.

Is buying from a distributor as easy as buying on a retail store?

Just now, drkknghtavngr said:

Is buying from a distributor as easy as buying on a retail store?

It isn't as easy, but definitly not hard.

Instead of simply going to a website and ordering products in large amounts you'll have to ask the distributer for an offer for a certain product and quantity. This can be done at the phone or by mail for example.

After recieving an offer you'll have to negotiate with him about certain aspects of the contract, like the amount, price, date of delivery, delivery costs and other things and compare quantitative and qualitative aspects of those offers from different distributors to achieve the best possible conditions for you.

Keep in mind that this is a very basic explanation.

Depending on your age I suggest you start a apprenticeship in retail if you're that interested in opening your own retail business.

21 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

And no, you don't need to buy a thousand units. That's ridiculous.

All of Intel's pricing (directly from Intel) is per thousand units, so it's not ridiculous. If he was a bit more specific in his description of what exactly he wanted to do, a more specific answer would have been provided.

12 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

All of Intel's pricing (directly from Intel) is per thousand units, so it's not ridiculous. If he was a bit more specific in his description of what exactly he wanted to do, a more specific answer would have been provided.

I would imagine your voice sounds like Google Assistant.

I think it is obvious that he wanted to open a retail-business and not become a distributor for hardware related products.

Buying directly from Intel / AMD? unless it is a minimum 500 CPUs order or more the simple answer is: you don't.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

If you had a voice, I would imagine you would sound like Google Assistant.

I think it is obvious that he wanted to open a retail-business and not become a distributor for hardware related products.

Accurate on the voice. I don't give every possible answer in a thread since there will often be other answers. You came in and did just that.

42 minutes ago, drkknghtavngr said:

Pretty sure, online companies like Dell and HP get direct from AMD and Intel but a startup would need to have a good base or Idea to get the stuff straight from the factory which kinda sucks.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

7 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

Big OEM's do get it straight from Intel / AMD, but that is because they will buy thousands of processors, mainstream and server, at once... otherwise Intel and AMD sells to distributors as mentioned above, simply the factory can't sell small amounts it is not profitable, it has to be huge amounts at once, so big time distributors that can afford buy thousands of CPUs will get those for a cheaper price and do the whole logistic side of things to fill the shelves of Amazon, Newegg and so on retailers... there are many levels in the chain of production... no business is done straight like that because if Intel / AMD had to add logistics and distribution costs the MSRP would increase significantly.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

Pretty sure, online companies like Dell and HP get direct from AMD and Intel but a startup would need to have a good base or Idea to get the stuff straight from the factory which kinda sucks.

Not even those companies buy their products directly from the manufacturer - at least not in most cases.
A lot of manufacturers don't have the storage facilities to just pile up their products and wait for a company to buy them.

So what they do is to sell it to distributers. Their whole business is to buy products in large quantities, store them and sell them in smaller quantities.

A PC manufacturer like HP for example will probably buy their CPUs from a distributor in certain quantities over a certain time period (5000 each month over the course of 1 year for example). This way they don't need a seperate warehouse to store all of the CPUs, but are paying the distributor to store the products for them.

The distrubutors usually have contracts with the manufacturer, so that the manufacturer can simply deliver a certain amount of products to the distributor without having to worry about storing them either.

some premium system builders will buy processors 10-20 at a time to keep inventory (and as a result potential loss) low.

Stagnation of retail stock is very expensive and a serious issue in the world of technology where products develop and release often.

Sources:

i have a friend who works at a premium system building company

i have worked in retail for a while

also am a business major

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

I appreciate the input everybody gave but I change my mind... I demand an easier route goshdarnit!? Is there a website/retailer that sells Cpu's online that give discounts if you buy bulk, Ive heard that Alibaba have retailers who sell discounts in bulk but I havent really looked into it...

2 hours ago, drkknghtavngr said:

online business

what kind of online business are you starting up that requires you to purchase CPUs in "bulk"?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 hours ago, drkknghtavngr said:

I appreciate the input everybody gave but I change my mind... I demand an easier route goshdarnit!? Is there a website/retailer that sells Cpu's online that give discounts if you buy bulk, Ive heard that Alibaba have retailers who sell discounts in bulk but I havent really looked into it...

Those would be the distributors. They buy from factory (or order and submit part of profit back) and sell to (smaller) retailers and system builders. Search around, closer to your location better. Otherwise you need to factor in any shippings costs to final price.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 2 years later...
On 10/25/2017 at 6:50 AM, drkknghtavngr said:

you have to submit an application to Intel. go to this link, hit sign in to supplier portal, create new account, supplier registration (on the right), and then hit begin. You will need to enter a lot of information, which i can't help much with but i'm pretty sure that's all you'll have to do. 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/supplier/overview.html