Headphones with Strong bass and open ?

Piinnn

Hey guys, are there any Headphones that have got a Strong bass and are open ? Or at least closed with velour-polster (just like the cloud 2 or Beyerdynamic DT770, but the dt770 are too isolating for me). Semi-Open is also viable.

Price should be under 150€. I want them for gaming and music, the reason they should not be closed and isolating is, that i play with my friends and if i can´t hear myself, i´m talking too loud.

Thought about one of the Sennheiser 500 Series or the ATH-AD900x.

Hi there Piinnn :)

Well I just had the perfect ones in that matter but are very pricey. 

The Astro's A50 (the one's I have)

They are open but they do a little bit more than that. They come with a software that allow your voice travel in real time through your microphone to your headset.

So you actually listen to yourself when you speak with no delay. And you can even choose the level of your voice :) This is definetely something impress me a lot when I bought the headset.

Check if you can add this kidna software somehow to other headset... though I don't think so. 

If not, that's my recommendation even when they're pricey. They're worth the money... Astro's A50 :) Soundwise are also a beast btw.

The ad900x has super weak bass (just as the whole ad series)

Asus Z170-A | Intel Core i7-6700K@4.6Ghz | Cooler Master 612s | ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP! Extreme 4GB | Kingston HyperX Savage 1x8Gb 3000MHz CL15 | Aerocool Mechatron White Edition (Steel Edition) | Corsair CX650M | Fostex HP-A3 | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit | Superlux E205U | Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb | Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200Rpm | BENQ XL2411Z (1ms, 144hz, 24'', 3D) | HiFiMAN HE-400i | Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum | Logitech G703 Wireless | Razer Goliathus Control Large | T-Moblie 120/10 Mb/s | Steam profile

Open dynamic headphones usually suffer in the bass, you might want to take a look at planars for that extension. If you just want midbass, get the HD558/HD559

36 minutes ago, seduce_me said:

Open dynamic headphones usually suffer in the bass, you might want to take a look at planars for that extension. If you just want midbass, get the HD558/HD559

What about the HD 598 SR? and i have the Hyperx Cloud 2 at the moment, that is closed but through velour-polster, i can hear enough noises from outside. Aren´t there other alternatives ?

1 hour ago, SniphzR said:

The ad900x has super weak bass (just as the whole ad series)

Not exactly true, I've owned the AD2000 and it definitely has a nice controlled bass......I presently have the AD700X and wholehearted agree that bass is pretty weak, but the AD series has good and wide soundstage and imaging. If you have a chance, try the AD1000X and above, they do have much more present bass (compared to the AD900X and below). Seriously, female vocals on the AD2000 is to die for! I owned a number of higher end cans, and none has match the vocals (female) on the AD2000......kinda regretted selling it, but even I the treblehead here, just could not tolerate the hot treble on that can.

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Semi open and strong bass? 

It's gotta be Superlux then. 

Specifically the HD668B. 

Be warned, the treble is hot. And the pads suck! And you need to bend the headband to fit your head because the shape is stupid. 

So if you don't mind "fixing" a headphone with a few super annoying quirks, the Superlux HD668B is a good option.