HELP: iv only got £50 and need speakers what to get ?

Bobbincat
Go to solution Solved by brownninja97,

The trust tytan is the best speakers you can get at that price range, ive ton a bloody ton of research as im about to get some speakers as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trust-17966-Tytan-2-1-Speaker/dp/B0061J3GPU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386360722&sr=8-1&keywords=trust+tytan

Hi,

Need some help i only have £50 to buy a pair of speakers with a sub and only 2.1 

Do you need speakers?

You can get better headphones for the price

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

Some logitech ones.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

ten bucks: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dell-Zylux-A425-Multimedia-2-1-Channel-Computer-Speaker-w-Subwoofer-G2020-W8037-/171186651756?pt=US_Computer_Speakers&hash=item27db85026c

are loud. don't sound too bad at all

*edit: before the flaming starts i've had these for almost 10 years and they're still kicking well. only reason i suggested them is because of that. not sure how they compare to @bacosta1993 logitechs but i suspect probably around the same if not a little worse

The trust tytan is the best speakers you can get at that price range, ive ton a bloody ton of research as im about to get some speakers as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Trust-17966-Tytan-2-1-Speaker/dp/B0061J3GPU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386360722&sr=8-1&keywords=trust+tytan

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

ten bucks: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Dell-Zylux-A425-Multimedia-2-1-Channel-Computer-Speaker-w-Subwoofer-G2020-W8037-/171186651756?pt=US_Computer_Speakers&hash=item27db85026c

are loud. don't sound too bad at all

*edit: before the flaming starts i've had these for almost 10 years and they're still kicking well. only reason i suggested them is because of that. not sure how they compare to @bacosta1993 logitechs but i suspect probably around the same if not a little worse

Technology has improved a lot since those speakers came out(i think its bundled with one of the dimensions 3000 series) and energy usage and pre set tweeters are better, also i dont mean to be rude but anything to do with dell and pc are regarded badly, trust me i know as my motherboard is a dell one.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Technology has improved a lot since those speakers came out

Not really, just more variations of the same.

Technology has improved a lot since those speakers came out(i think its bundled with one of the dimensions 3000 series) and energy usage and pre set tweeters are better, also i dont mean to be rude but anything to do with dell and pc are regarded badly, trust me i know as my motherboard is a dell one.

Yeah yeah i'd believe it. They're just loud and don't distort that much at the higher volumes which is nice. I use them for my TV anyways as a "student-price" home theatre thing...the bass is excellent for movies

Not really, just more variations of the same.

My family is quite big in the audio business, ive seen many changes in the technology over the years(until 2010, it slowed down since then).

Listen if you care.

My family is quite big in the audio business, ive seen many changes in the technology over the years(until 2010, it slowed down since then).

Ok, what kind of innovation has there been in small, low-priced 2.1 computer speaker systems?  :rolleyes:

Ok, what kind of innovation has there been in small, low-priced 2.1 computer speaker systems?  :rolleyes:

i guarantee you, those speakers were not even close to $10 when they hit the market. I $10 systems the technology has barely changed apart from the usage of watts has gone down quite a lot, the hz range is miles ahead of what it used to be. Static has been reduced quite a bit(with low end speakers from bollocks companies you will still hear it). One of the bigger differences is how technology has got smaller meaning a lower chance of it breaking  and heat is reduced(its one variable, other variables make modern speakers a lot more unreliable).

Listen if you care.

i guarantee you, those speakers were not even close to $10 when they hit the market. I $10 systems the technology has barely changed apart from the usage of watts has gone down quite a lot, the hz range is miles ahead of what it used to be. Static has been reduced quite a bit(with low end speakers from bollocks companies you will still hear it). One of the bigger differences is how technology has got smaller meaning a lower chance of it breaking  and heat is reduced(its one variable, other variables make modern speakers a lot more unreliable).

Yeeeaah....that. Sure...

Yeeeaah....that. Sure...

Believe me if you want, no one is forcing you, just saying ive dealt with speakers for a lot of my life so i know quite a lot about them(i still know jack shit about headphones however). Anyways thanks for the sarcism. 

Listen if you care.

i guarantee you, those speakers were not even close to $10 when they hit the market. 

But they are $10 now. 

If you spend £50 on speakers, you're just going to get fart cans

Not true; I got a 5.1 system for £34.99, they sound great!

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

Wow thanks for all the suggestions it was a great help and got my answer thanks :D

BTW headphone wise Joshyy i have triton primers for gaming and some £50 sony inear headphone and wanted and upgrade for my £2

speakers xD

Thanks Everyone :)