Radeon's latest version of ReLive goes all in for Mining, Official support for 12 GPUs.

WMGroomAK
On 25/10/2017 at 3:41 PM, Misanthrope said:

I have to take a little bit of issue with that. They usually dont have the superior products in top tier gaming. In fact it's been at least 5 years if not more since that's so. Now what they get is comparable to superior mid tier cards and even consistently so (all the way since the 7950 until 580) I maintain than the high end market even if perhaps not as important to sales is very important for optics since AMD has spend too much time still releasing high end products that just do not match up to Nvidia: they're not as fast, routinely more power hungry, etc.

Now as for your second point this goes a little bit into my first comment: why I wouldn't call all people "idiots" I do recognize that there's enough newbies looking to get into PC gaming that usually wouldn't know what's actually better for the price. But the thing is that it's been like 5 months since AMD is just not better for the price anyways and it looks like they'll miss out on this holiday season big time as well so this problem that you mention will continue. I usually make a good faith effort to make a case for AMD (And I still plan to when it comes to CPUs) but when it comes to GPUs I just don't think it's worth a half hour discussion about historical performance and prices to justify an AMD GPU when most newbies will just say "Right....but this 1060 is virtually as good and just a slight premium right?" and just buy Nvidia.

AMD simply has to do better for gamers imho. We know they have the superior hardware, it's why they win at mining, but they can't figure out proper driver support out of the gate they even flatout lied about Vega drivers being released more mature and they had several months of delays to work on those and still couldn't do the damn cards justice.

They have had superior flagship and non flagship cards in the pastwhich were crushing Nvidia (considering the ATI cards), but it almost never caught on the market that well. They needed superior products for two to three gen to gain what they would lose in one generation of inferior product.

The situation right now with prices is ridiculous to be fair on both sides ( even more so on AMD cards, but still)  and it's associated with a financial bubble waiting to crash as it makes absolutely no sense. But that's another problem with society.

About the drivers, it's also on the dev to make something suitable gonna technical standpoint. Doom is the proof that most dev aren't doing their job properly looking at how well it runs on everything and how well it looks. Hell they optimized enough to have a decent result on the switch. That being said, game engine feel stale as of now, but I foresee high refresh rates with equally competent hardware in the near future. Lots of technologies of high perf rendering could be moved over to real time rendering for faster rendering. And AMD has understood part of it with chill and the importance of higher minimums.

I can't be mad at AMD here. Not like I'd buy Radeon cards since they artifact under OpenGL, but I'm glad this means more focus/more cash to aid their CPU branch.

That said, I still don't like cancerous miners and see them as human garbage on par with the people who scalp Nintendo mini consoles on eBay. 

Note: If you coin mine, good on you. I don't really care what you do with your hardware. The above is aimed at those who contribute to the shortage problem with mass bulk buys.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2017 at 11:45 AM, WMGroomAK said:

21 GPUs is actually fairly impressive.  Any tips/tricks on what your setup is and how you got it all setup?  Would be interesting to see...

Its on our YouTube site, it seems that there is a hard limit though at 21. Added a few more to the mix and they just sat there with error code 12; lack of resources. Figure its a PCIe Lanes issue.

Deleted my comment because was a necro'd thread.

Edited by zzrhardy

~~Kuroneko~~

- Ryzen Threadripper 1950X 16-Core

- Corsair H115i Pro 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X399 ROG Zenith Extreme MB

- 2x Nvidia Titan V

- Corsair 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3000MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 1TB M.2 SSD

- Western Digital RED Pro 6TB 64M SATA

- Corsair AX1500i Titianium PSU

- Fractal Design Define R6 Blackout

- 3x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

~~Chibineko~~

- Ryzen 7 2700X 8-Core

- Corsair H115i 280 Liquid Cooler

- Asus X470-F ROG Strix  MB

- 2x MSI Vega 64 Wave Liquid Cooled

- G.Skill Sniper X 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz

- Samsung 960 Pro Series 512GB M.2 SSD

- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

- Corsair AX1200i 80+ Platinum

- Fractal Design Define R5

- 5x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial 140mm 3000RPM Fans

On 10/24/2017 at 10:17 AM, huilun02 said:

I'm sure people would much prefer Nvidia's approach to post launch support i.e ending it early in favor of newest generation of GPU

Is this missing a /s?