Twitch implements emote loot crates for halloween

Source: https://blog.twitch.tv/bring-the-zombie-apocalypse-to-twitch-7a5bf4ecff42

1*MOBI1bZeRUwwenGyM_LgcA.jpeg

Twitch has decided to dip their toes into the sudden loot crate craze.

This year's halloween emotes on twitch require users to use bits, a type of currency on twitch, in order to receive a crate.

Every 250 bits that you cheer on a bits enabled stream will grant you a crate.

1*RR8dx4X1aXJPQ8D9ZDFmnA.jpeg

Collect six emotes that can only be used until the end of 2017 and you receive a zombified kappa emote that can be used permanently.

You can also receive the emote if you perform a cheer using 5000 bits or more on a bits enabled stream.

These crates will be available to unlock until November 3rd.

I personally think that this loot crate trend is going way too far and this attempt by twitch to lock away emotes in crates as part of a treasure hunt signifies this.

Of course Twitch hops on this xD 

I'd be more surprised if they didn't. 

Gotta get a zombie Kappa. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Right way to monetize their shit. 

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

So they are locking a cool feature that everyone could use because of greed?

I never Subscribe, never bought bits or acquired them but for the streamers I support I enable Ads.

Instead of letting everyone cheer with cool Halloween emotes they ask money for it... shitty more Twitch and Amazon, shitty move.

3 minutes ago, 3vitor said:

So they are locking a cool feature that everyone could use because of greed?

I never Subscribe, never bought bits or acquired them but for the streamers I support I enable Ads.

Instead of letting everyone cheer with cool Halloween emotes they ask money for it... shitty more Twitch and Amazon, shitty move.

you do understand subscribing and giving bits, support your favorite streamer more. (they get more then ADs)

I don't think it is wrong to reward people that support the streamers and platform more. and its just some emotes not like it really matters.

The servers don't run on love and magic.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

This is a free platform. Like with free to play games, I dont care about these microtransactions and also the bits go towards the streamer for support. A proper way to do loot crates. 

i think this is a good move, but I would like to get bits aswell as the only way to aquire them is to use a creditcard

2 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

you do understand subscribing and giving bits, support your favorite streamer more. (they get more then ADs)

I don't think it is wrong to reward people that support the streamers and platform more. and its just some emotes not like it really matters.

The servers don't run on love and magic.

If I want to support far more than any of this options I can just donate and pay for the fees as I've done before.

This cosmetics dells like just a way to make eyecandy for kids so they can spam on chat.

Twitch gets plenty of revenue from advertisers already but maybe Adpocalipse has something to do with those new features they are making.

9 minutes ago, 3vitor said:

If I want to support far more than any of this options I can just donate and pay for the fees as I've done before.

This cosmetics dells like just a way to make eyecandy for kids so they can spam on chat.

Twitch gets plenty of revenue from advertisers already but maybe Adpocalipse has something to do with those new features they are making.

ya donating is good, but these are to incentive's the people that use adblock to pay, and also these are free to people that already donate with bits. its not like you have to buy crates like many games.

and a big reason why twitch is successful is the hive mind spam in twitch chat.

I really doubt twitch could be sustainable on AD revenue only. YouTube has never been profitable.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc