Poor student laptop

So i kind of brake everything if its not an screen its a casing or peace of plastic.

Thats why im just out for the cheapest of the cheapest working laptop but as light as possible

i previous had an as i call it "ultrathinbook" not sure what the official naming is for this class

Laptop -> http://www.ebay.de/itm/ASUS-R417NA-FA116T-1-1GHz-N3350-14Zoll-1920-x-1080Pixel-Blau-NotebookIntel-Iden-/322717027527?hash=item4b236f0cc7:g:6VcAAOSwZ~lZr0md

i was wondering what els is opssible in this price class / type of laptop

(Hope)must have:

Thin and light as possible 14Inch or up

extras like usb c, ect woud be nice

4 gb ram is a must have ? - laptop will be used for school work but i often find myself switching 5+ tabs cus bored in class

battery life the longer the better.

rom doesnt really matter cloud life = the best life 

Used ThinkPads are your friend.

I enjoy buying junk and sinking more money than it's worth into it to make it less junk.

Just for your reference: the term for devices of this form factor is "ultrabook" in the US, although they usually contain more powerful components (like i5/i7s). So, basically the naming is the same.

As far as I'm aware, at the price point of $200~$250, devices like the one you have linked strike the best balance between performance and form factor. As aisle9 has mentioned, used thinkpads (though notably thicker), can be had for much cheaper, while still performing similar (if not better), being durable, and having a plethora of replacement parts should something go wrong.

If the form factor is a significant concern, then there are many chinese laptops that feature (what appears to be) a metal housing, with similar components to what you have listed (and similar price point). If you were in the US, I would direct you to Alibaba, Aliexpress, Banggood, or Gearbest, but I'm not sure where you're located (Netherlands?).

22 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

Used ThinkPads are your friend.

Not that fan us used product cause of already wear and tear and fresh products are just too nice.

1 minute ago, kennethnakasone said:

Just for your reference: the term for devices of this form factor is "ultrabook" in the US, although they usually contain more powerful components (like i5/i7s). So, basically the naming is the same.

As far as I'm aware, at the price point of $200~$250, devices like the one you have linked strike the best balance between performance and form factor. As aisle9 has mentioned, used thinkpads (though notably thicker), can be had for much cheaper, while still performing similar (if not better), being durable, and having a plethora of replacement parts should something go wrong.

If the form factor is a significant concern, then there are many chinese laptops that feature (what appears to be) a metal housing, with similar components to what you have listed (and similar price point). If you were in the US, I would direct you to Alibaba, Aliexpress, Banggood, or Gearbest, but I'm not sure where you're located (Netherlands?).

Amsterdam, netherlands excatly china is not that bad i see now build quality is an good question from those sites tho.

1 minute ago, Propphet said:

-snip-

Yeah, I don't entirely trust the build quality of those chinese ones either. I'm not sure how the return policy works on them either, so it's definitely a risk.

So yeah, devices like the ones you've linked are probably the best for your use-case.

15 hours ago, Propphet said:

Not that fan us used product cause of already wear and tear and fresh products are just too nice

Lol, cheap laptops with poor build quality will die faster than a used Thinkpad with good build quality. Also used Thinkpads have faster QM CPU and better battery life (with new battery)

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Seriously consider a used ThinkPad. Especially the T series. They are built like tanks and due to IBM and now lenovo not understanding the word "advertising" they fall in value really quickly. r/thinkpad on reddit generally knows the best bang for buck you can get at any given time.

- Written on my awesome thinkPad with unsigned drivers :-) !