SSHD

ObeseWalrus

Is a SSHD a good option for me that don't have money for an SSD?

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

The only advantage is having everything in one form factor.

I honestly wouldn't bother with them. Either save up for an SSD or just stick with a solid HDD, I see no reason to try and half-arse it.

WAY better option is having a small SSD, like 60GBs and just using that for your OS, then store the data on a HDD.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

To be honest, I am yet to see a compelling reason to get a SSHD, like SirRoderick said, you may as well save up for a SSD or get a solid HDD 

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

The only advantage is having everything in one form factor.

^ Pretty much. Unless you can only have one drive, there's little reason to go sshd as a ssd + hdd not much more expensive and much better.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

SSHD is a great option for my grandfather, it makes his PC faster to boot, he has a single drive with all storage and no hassle with 60Gb OS drive or fancy catch solutions.

In laptops that is a good option, if you need storage and faster boot times.

Thanks for all the replies! Will not be buying a SSHD anytime soon.

For the mods: If you see this thread, please lock it.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!