Replacing my Nexus 6P

MrImnotMLG

So I'm kinda sick of my Nexus 6P. I loved the phone while it worked but it's now become a hassle with the boot loop issues(would've got the free replacement but I have half the screen covered by a network of cracks.) The phone just seems to drain its battery like no tomorrow, so much so that it seems like I constantly have it plugged in. Since I have so many type-c cables around I would prefer a type-c phone and the cheaper the better but price doesn't honestly matter. What are some recommendations besides either generation Pixel phones because I'm also looking at those.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

People may hate me... but.. I love my OnePlus 5, and everyones upset about the privacy issues, but install a custom rom and you are good to go.

Just now, Siedge said:

People may hate me... but.. I love my OnePlus 5, and everyones upset about the privacy issues, but install a custom rom and you are good to go.

I wouldn't mind installing a ROM. Got any suggestions?

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

I've tried Lineage OS I believe and it ran pretty beautifully, but what I'm currently running now is the stock rom that comes on it, but I rooted and uninstalled all of onepluses stuff. So both are pretty feasible options. Honestly though I really love the phone, I never remember to charge my phone at night, so when I wake up I'm usually around 20% battery, and by the time I am done getting ready to leave I'm already up to about 80% which is all I really need

The LG V30 is great. Fast, decent OS, and it doesn't have the curves of the fragile S8. It's also pretty durable so breaking it won't happen hopefully.

-Amy Miyake

3 minutes ago, KawaiiRaven said:

The LG V30 is great. Fast, decent OS, and it doesn't have the curves of the fragile S8. It's also pretty durable so breaking it won't happen hopefully.

If I remember correctly, that can access the 600MHz band that T-mobile just bought. If true, that could be handy when implemented.

I recently upgraded from the 6P and am typing on that new V30.

It was a nice phone for the price, but I agree the battery was bad. The voice quality was also garbage compared to my V30..the thing a phone is supposed to be good at lol

Only things I don't like about this phone are minor. One is the front camera is an anemic 5mp camera and 2, the displays aren't as nice as Samsung's in terms of QC. Mine has some temperature difference towards the bottom, but others have it worst. Not enough to do a return in my case.

Sound on this thing with wired headphones..it makes me facepalm that much harder at the idiots trying to ditch it for BT only connectivity.