Practically Free Steam Link

Ashe

Well damn that is a really good deal... Like wow. Steam link for $1, that's like stealing.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/5025/ICEY__Steam_Link_Bundle/

Or the actual steam link page where the offers under the regular priced one
http://store.steampowered.com/app/353380/Steam_Link/

1 minute ago, tp95112 said:

Link doesnt work

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

10 minutes ago, Ashe said:

Steam bundled ICEY and Steam link for a total cost of about $9.00

Steam link sells for $50.

Sounds like a damn good bargain to me.

is steam link even any good?

Favorite Threads: PSU Tier List

My Stuff n' Things

Spoiler

The Beast (My Rig)   |CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X|  |Cooling: Enermax Liquimax III, 6x 120mm Noctua Redux|  |Motherboard:  MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus|  |RAM: 4x32gb 3200 G.Skill TridentZ NEO|  |Graphics Card: EVGA(RIP) GeForce RTX 3070TI FTW3|  |Power Supply: Corsair CX-M 750W|  |Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow Mid Tower Case(Black)|  |SSD: 1Tb WD BLACK NVMe, 500gb NVMe, 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO|  |Monitor: MSI Optix MPG341QR 34" Ultrawide|  |Keyboard: Logitech G815|  |Mouse: Logitech G203 LIGHTSYNC|  |Audio Interface: FiiO K7 DAC/Amp|  |Headphones: Sennheiser HD6XX |Webcam: Logitech C920, Logitech C270|

My Network Rack  |Switch: Cisco Dell PowerConnect 5548P|  |Router: Unifi USG|  |Rack: 12U|  |Server: HP Z420|  |Services: Proxmox PVE, Wireguard, Pihole, NVR, NAS|

1 minute ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

Apparently not, considering it's reviews. Unless your internet connection has really fast upload speed. Even then it supposedly has problems.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

22 minutes ago, Orangeator said:

Apparently not, considering it's reviews. Unless your internet connection has really fast upload speed. Even then it supposedly has problems.

Steam Link is for local streaming from your desktop to the Steam Link, it has nothing to do with your internet connection. Unless your trying to do a VPN thing where you stream your desktop over the internet to the Steam Link through a VPN tunnel.

14 minutes ago, MrMcMuffinJr said:

It works ok, if you would like to game on your TV or something I would pick it up.

You do need a controller of some sort to go with it. Keyboard and mouse work as well I believe. It just plugs in over USB.

i think ima get started with inhome streaming.

Does anyone know if it works with third party games launched through steam?

I think they are just trying to move inventory

I use mine nearly everyday. I've stated it before, it is great if you have a wired connection. Wireless adds too much latency for most games.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

1 minute ago, Ruffleduffle said:

i think ima get started with inhome streaming.

Does anyone know if it works with third party games launched through steam?

I think they are just trying to move inventory

Yeah it does.

might make a difference to update the post that shipping costs 8$. Still a fantastic deal but something to keep in mind

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

1 hour ago, Orangeator said:

Well damn that is a really good deal... Like wow. Steam link for $1, that's like stealing.

51 minutes ago, SlipperyPete said:

might make a difference to update the post that shipping costs 8$. Still a fantastic deal but something to keep in mind

this. 

considering the bundle is 9 bucks, paying another 8 bucks for shipping and handling almost doubles the price.

i pulled the trigger on it anyways because i always wanted one to play around with but the original price was too high for a gagdget like this. even if it is crappy it would at least give me something to make a new video about. 

i like playing with odd things

for $1 idc if its shitty ill re sell this shit 

If you want to argue with me, and you probably will please PM me, no need to ruin threads becase you dont like how I am.

Ask me how I made 100k selling illegal narcotics!

Spoiler

and you think im joking, Did a lot of wrong to get my money right.

I look up to Larry Hoover.

Your homies loyal 'til the one time you tell 'em no

40 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

this. 

considering the bundle is 9 bucks, paying another 8 bucks for shipping and handling almost doubles the price.

i pulled the trigger on it anyways because i always wanted one to play around with but the original price was too high for a gagdget like this. even if it is crappy it would at least give me something to make a new video about. 

i like playing with odd things

The Steam Link has sold for $15 in the past, so its kinda like that with a free copy of ICEY

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dXLMgL

CPU: Intel - Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Gigabyte - GA-B150M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Seagate - SV35.5 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: PowerColor - Radeon RX 480 8GB Red Devil Video Card
Case: NZXT - S340 (Black/Red) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit
Case Fan: Noctua - NF-F12 PWM 55.0 CFM  120mm Fan
Monitor: Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor
Monitor: Acer - XF240H 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Just now, Shadic_ said:

The Steam Link has sold for $15 in the past, so its kinda like that with a free copy of ICEY

oh RLY ? never seen it for 15. it goes for around 30 to 40 bucks on ebay and i have not seen it any cheaper on steam yet. but i also wasn't really paying THAT much attention 

4 hours ago, RKRiley said:

Or the actual steam link page where the offers under the regular priced one
http://store.steampowered.com/app/353380/Steam_Link/

The first link just goes to the Steam homepage and the second link goes to the Steam Link store page, which just links to Amazon which offers no such deal

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2nd link worked fine for me.  Took you to the main Steam Link page on Steam, which shows several options, one being this sale.  After shipping, mine came out to just under $17.

17 minutes ago, ThirytS3v3n said:

I call shenanigans on this one.

None of the links work for me, and let's just sit back for a second and think "would Valve really sell it for $1?"

Yeah... :dry:

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

None of the links work for me, and let's just sit back for a second and think "would Valve really sell it for $1?"

I literally just bought it lol

2 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

are you in NA it seems to be a regional deal