Please help me with my new pc.

Ofbasecfin

So I tried picking parts and asking people if it would work cause I don't know much about ports etc.

All I got is people crying all over me about how I should get a different CPU for a 1060 instead of a 1050TI, while it's obvious that I said a 1050TI is enough for the games I play.

The CPU and GPU is something I want in the build, and I would like 16gb of ram.

The CPU is the new i5 8400.

The GPU is the MSI gtx 1050TI

And I pretty much know which case I want, which is the Sharkoon vg4-w.

But I need the other parts, which I can't find cause of people only crying about how I need a other GPU, just so I can play the new games, which I won't even play.

The budget is 750 and I live in the Netherlands, and I can't order from outside my country, cause that would take ages.

I will not respond to the people that cry about how I should take a worse CPU for a better GPU.

you litterally said that you don't know much about PCs, but then you don't listen when people who give you advise. I know you are going to be mad at me for saying this, but if you don't listen to the advice of those who probably know more about PCs then you, you will end up with a worse PC for the budget. and if you only use the PC for games, then it is kind of a waste of money to buy a six core CPU.

The thing is, you're not listening to what we're saying.

For the SAME PRICE, you could get an 8100+1060 that WILL PERFORM BETTER. Please, give me a reason. Why would you not want to get more performance for the same price?!?

But whatever, say for whatever super weird reason you don't need more than a 1050 ti. Then my question is, why not downgrade to an 8100, or even Ryzen 3 1200, save $90-$140, and use that money saved, say, on an ssd?

Since you "don't need" more than a 1050 ti, then it's also true you "don't need" more than an i3 8100, right? So then why are you getting more than an 8100, instead of using the cash on an ssd or, even better, just pocket it as savings?

You see, the reason none of us are giving you suggestions on other things is that this CPU+gpu decision heavily impacts the rest of the budget, so we physically CAN'T give you other suggestions until this is figured out.

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 hour ago, stefanDB said:

you litterally said that you don't know much about PCs, but then you don't listen when people who give you advise. I know you are going to be mad at me for saying this, but if you don't listen to the advice of those who probably know more about PCs then you, you will end up with a worse PC for the budget. and if you only use the PC for games, then it is kind of a waste of money to buy a six core CPU.

Don't know much about pc's as in, what fits in what.

2 hours ago, Ofbasecfin said:

So I tried picking parts and asking people if it would work cause I don't know much about ports etc.

All I got is people crying all over me about how I should get a different CPU for a 1060 instead of a 1050TI, while it's obvious that I said a 1050TI is enough for the games I play.

The CPU and GPU is something I want in the build, and I would like 16gb of ram.

The CPU is the new i5 8400.

The GPU is the MSI gtx 1050TI

And I pretty much know which case I want, which is the Sharkoon vg4-w.

But I need the other parts, which I can't find cause of people only crying about how I need a other GPU, just so I can play the new games, which I won't even play.

The budget is 750 and I live in the Netherlands, and I can't order from outside my country, cause that would take ages.

I will not respond to the people that cry about how I should take a worse CPU for a better GPU.

With the exception of memory, the build below meets your spec. The budget will likely not allow for 16GB, because in addition to the parts listed you will need to add a Windows 10 license, keyboard, mouse, and monitor; possibly speakers.

Check with your suppliers to see about pricing and availability. Likely the i5-8400 is not going to be easily available until 2018.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($0.00) 
Motherboard: MSI - Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($0.00) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($0.00) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($0.00) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GAMING X 4G Video Card  ($0.00) 
Case: SHARKOON - VG4-W Black ATX Mid Tower Case  ($0.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($0.00) 
Total: $0.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-19 10:40 EDT-0400

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

16 minutes ago, brob said:

With the exception of memory, the build below meets your spec. The budget will likely not allow for 16GB, because in addition to the parts listed you will need to add a Windows 10 license, keyboard, mouse, and monitor; possibly speakers.

Check with your suppliers to see about pricing and availability. Likely the i5-8400 is not going to be easily available until 2018.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i5-8400 2.8GHz 6-Core Processor  ($0.00) 
Motherboard: MSI - Z370 GAMING PLUS ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($0.00) 
Memory: G.Skill - Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($0.00) 
Storage: Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($0.00) 
Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GAMING X 4G Video Card  ($0.00) 
Case: SHARKOON - VG4-W Black ATX Mid Tower Case  ($0.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair - CXM (2015) 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($0.00) 
Total: $0.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-19 10:40 EDT-0400

I already have all my gear, and I can get a windows 10 OEM for about 24 euros.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: also, I already have a storage in this PC, so I could just use that if I made it empty right?

56 minutes ago, Ofbasecfin said:

I already have all my gear, and I can get a windows 10 OEM for about 24 euros.

Thanks for the help.

Edit: also, I already have a storage in this PC, so I could just use that if I made it empty right?

Yes. If you could, adding an ssd would improve browsing and other application performance; doesn't add much in gaming.

5 hours ago, brob said:

Yes. If you could, adding an ssd would improve browsing and other application performance; doesn't add much in gaming.

Not actually true. SSDs can help boost fps sometimes, especially with minimum fps @M.Yurizaki

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

5 hours ago, brob said:

3 minutes ago, DocSwag said:

Not actually true. SSDs can help boost fps sometimes, especially with minimum fps @M.Yurizaki

Performance boost in applications depends entirely on how the application uses the storage. In most cases, applications loads practically everything they need in RAM so once the application is "loaded", that's it.  And even in applications that do continue to grab stuff from storage, it may do it intelligently enough that it doesn't affect performance at all. I've seen a case in GTA V where despite there being a lot of storage drive activity, even on an HDD frame rates didn't hiccup.

But for all intents and purposes, SSDs only really affect loading performance.

45 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Performance boost in applications depends entirely on how the application uses the storage. In most cases, applications loads practically everything they need in RAM so once the application is "loaded", that's it.  And even in applications that do continue to grab stuff from storage, it may do it intelligently enough that it doesn't affect performance at all. I've seen a case in GTA V where despite there being a lot of storage drive activity, even on an HDD frame rates didn't hiccup.

But for all intents and purposes, SSDs only really affect loading performance.

:) Not entirely. If the o/s swap file is hosted on the ssd, it can improve overall performance. (Memory does not have to be entirely allocated for the swap file to be active.) 

Program development environments, browsers, databases, and many other applications use storage while running. Granted they may have well optimized storage algorithms. Even so, the added performance of an ssd can make things run a little "smoother".