How to Start a PC Via Android Phone?

Nikolacar4

Hello,i had an idea. Can i use my android phone to boot my pc? Like just press a button on my phone and the pc starts booting? The problem is my PC's internet is connected throught Charger-Cable internet sharing. My android's wifi is sharing it to my pc....

Not without additional hardware. If PC and Phone are in the same network and the pc is connected to it via LAN (not WiFi), you can wake it up via a magic packet from your phone. But for most machines it works only from S3 (standby).

TL:DR; Most likely you can't boot your PC.

But, why sharing the network over the PC? A cheap router/access-point would solve the problem as well. You can get those for 20$ or less...

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

Yeah i know,but how to do it if my pc isnt connected to my internet throguht cable,my android phone is sharing wifi to my pc.

TeamViewer has a feature to do that. As long as the desktop is connected via LAN you can wake it up via a magic packet.

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

Be sure to quote me if you want me to reply!

U guys still dont get it? I DONT have internet (lan cable) connected to my pc,neither i have a wifi card,so what i do to go to internet is do usb sharing while my android phone is connected to my home wifi. So how to start up my pc with phone if it isnt connected to my home network?

3 minutes ago, Nikolacar4 said:

U guys still dont get it? I DONT have internet (lan cable) connected to my pc,neither i have a wifi card,so what i do to go to internet is do usb sharing while my android phone is connected to my home wifi. So how to start up my pc with phone if it isnt connected to my home network?

I don't think it even works like that, because you can't get an internet connection over USB. If you want this to work, then you'll need to connect the PC to the internet by wifi or Ethernet.

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

• 1 month later...

i use wakeonlan. as soon as i enter the house and my phone connects to the wifi and turns on my pc automatically.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:09 AM, Nikolacar4 said:

if your plugging the phone to router have a taskshed trigger, on usb connect to router, send WoL to pc

if phone to pc set same trigger thru tasksched but this will only work if pc is in standby/sleep/hibernate unless usb has WoL type feature built in to mobo

i think apple you would cronjob

not sure linux/android

No, i take my android phone with the usb charger and then connect my android to my home wifi and connect the usb to my pc and the n do usb sharing.

really not much you can do if your pc is not connected to the net simultaneously with your phone. both need to be online for it to work.  

well if it supports booting via network im sure you could send that package from your phone or at least wake it.

also yould get a smart adapter for your power outlet and then activate boot on power and activate the outlet via phone.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

If your motherboard supports it I think you can enable USB power on (keeps USB ports active even when off). I'm not sure if it works from cold start but it works from S3 for sure. Then you have to get a USB bluetooth adapter and try to configure it to get a signal from the phone to wake (you might have to play around with a few custom scripts if an app doesn't exist yet.)

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

11 minutes ago, pyrojoe34 said:

If your motherboard supports it I think you can enable USB power on (keeps USB ports active even when off). I'm not sure if it works from cold start but it works from S3 for sure. Then you have to get a USB bluetooth adapter and try to configure it to get a signal from the phone to wake (you might have to play around with a few custom scripts if an app doesn't exist yet.)

bluetooth network mode would work(i think its called PAN) then the WoL will work as well

5 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

bluetooth network mode would work(i think its called PAN) then the WoL will work as well

Right but he says the PC is not connected to LAN and does not have WiFi, so he could try to use bluetooth as a alternative (obviously will only work locally).

Primary PC-

CPU: Intel i7-6800k @ 4.2-4.4Ghz   CPU COOLER: Bequiet Dark Rock Pro 4   MOBO: MSI X99A SLI Plus   RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX quad-channel DDR4-2800  GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX   PSU: Corsair RM1000i   CASE: Corsair 750D Obsidian   SSDs: 500GB Samsung 960 Evo + 256GB Samsung 850 Pro   HDDs: Toshiba 3TB + Seagate 1TB   Monitors: Acer Predator XB271HUC 27" 2560x1440 (165Hz G-Sync)  +  LG 29UM57 29" 2560x1080   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Album

Other Systems:

Spoiler

Home HTPC/NAS-

CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.4Ghz  MOBO: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3   RAM: 16GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 OC   PSU: Rosewill 750W   CASE: Antec Gaming One   SSD: 120GB PNY CS1311   HDDs: WD Red 3TB + WD 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200 -or- Steam Link to Vizio M43C1 43" 4K TV  OS: Windows 10 Pro

Offsite NAS/VM Server-

CPU: 2x Xeon E5645 (12-core)  Model: Dell PowerEdge T610  RAM: 16GB DDR3-1333  PSUs: 2x 570W  SSDs: 8GB Kingston Boot FD + 32GB Sandisk Cache SSD   HDDs: WD Red 4TB + Seagate 2TB + Seagate 320GB   OS: FreeNAS 11+

Laptop-

CPU: Intel i7-3520M   Model: Dell Latitude E6530   RAM: 8GB dual-channel DDR3-1600  GPU: Nvidia NVS 5200M   SSD: 240GB TeamGroup L5   HDD: WD Black 320GB   Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2693HM 26" 1920x1200   OS: Windows 10 Pro

Having issues with a Corsair AIO? Possible fix here:

Spoiler

Are you getting weird fan behavior, speed fluctuations, and/or other issues with Link?

Are you running AIDA64, HWinfo, CAM, or HWmonitor? (ASUS suite & other monitoring software often have the same issue.)

Corsair Link has problems with some monitoring software so you may have to change some settings to get them to work smoothly.

-For AIDA64: First make sure you have the newest update installed, then, go to Preferences>Stability and make sure the "Corsair Link sensor support" box is checked and make sure the "Asetek LC sensor support" box is UNchecked.

-For HWinfo: manually disable all monitoring of the AIO sensors/components.

-For others: Disable any monitoring of Corsair AIO sensors.

That should fix the fan issue for some Corsair AIOs (H80i GT/v2, H110i GTX/H115i, H100i GTX and others made by Asetek). The problem is bad coding in Link that fights for AIO control with other programs. You can test if this worked by setting the fan speed in Link to 100%, if it doesn't fluctuate you are set and can change the curve to whatever. If that doesn't work or you're still having other issues then you probably still have a monitoring software interfering with the AIO/Link communications, find what it is and disable it.

5 minutes ago, pyrojoe34 said:

Right but he says the PC is not connected to LAN and does not have WiFi, so he could try to use bluetooth as a alternative (obviously will only work locally).

yup i was agreeing with you with information about bluetooth pan mode(personal area network which WoL will work with) but he still need to set a job/task in phone that on usb tether to router also connect to bluetooth pan with WoL sent to "pcname"

but he does say no lan cable or wifi on pc and usb tethering phone to router so how pc gets a signal anyways is a magic trick

Allright... Thank all of you for trying to help me... But i cant do anything without being connected with cable of wifi.... Thank you all...