Razer Blade Stealth late 2017 Update?

Go to solution Solved by OmJo93,

I haven't seen any news about a Kaby Lake-Refresh refresh for the Stealth coming, but I'm going to guess if they do it'll be around November for the Christmas season.

So I’ve been looking to buy the Razer Blade Stealth for daily driver as I like the looks, form factor and performance (at least for school oriented use). Recently razer just updated the site to include in the product description and choice tab to specify that the 13.3” model uses a dual-core processor. So I was wondering if you guys think this would be significant evidence that they are going to update to the newer 8th gen 8650u or 8550u processors. Especially given that they’ve had significant incentives added for the last month or two, it seems like they’re trying to either decrease their stock in prep for the update or just doing the regular razer thing of including a bunch of stuff with their products. Really looking for insight as I don’t want to have buyers remorse if they end up updating the model a week or two after I purchase a dual core model. 

C281B0BC-4812-4E8C-A97C-32F1FB231085.jpeg

Don't buy razer, build quality is meh and customer service is atrocious

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Don't buy razer, build quality is meh and customer service is atrocious

What lightweight ultraportable with considerable power, battery life and decent looks would you recommend?

Just now, MarkyMark619 said:

What lightweight ultraportable with considerable power, battery life and decent looks would you recommend?

XPS 13, Specter 360X and LG gram come to mind

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

XPS 13, Specter 360X and LG gram come to mind

ux430.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

I haven't seen any news about a Kaby Lake-Refresh refresh for the Stealth coming, but I'm going to guess if they do it'll be around November for the Christmas season.

9 hours ago, MarkyMark619 said:

Dell XPS 13, HP Spectre x360, Asus UX330UA, all with Kaby Lake R CPU

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

2 hours ago, OmJo93 said:

I literally just purchased the damn laptop with the Dual-Core... guess my intuition and detective skills were correct, fml. Hopefully I can cancel my order and get the newer one just cause battery life and performance would be on par with the xps or any other kaby lake R laptop. 

Ya they litterly did it today they updated it to the new 8th gen gpu but it the U version

On 10/17/2017 at 5:01 PM, MarkyMark619 said:

I literally just purchased the damn laptop with the Dual-Core... guess my intuition and detective skills were correct, fml. Hopefully I can cancel my order and get the newer one just cause battery life and performance would be on par with the xps or any other kaby lake R laptop. 

LOL, good luck in a year. 

Laptop Main

(Retired) Zbook 15: i7-6820HQ, M2000M, 32gb, 512gb SSD + 2tb HDD, 4k Dreamcolor

(Retired) Alienware 15 R3: i7-6820HK, GTX1070, 16gb, 512 SSD + 1tb HDD, 1080p

(Retired) T560: i7-6600U, HD520, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1620p

(Retired) P650RS: i7-6820HK, 1070, 16gb, 512gb + 1tb HDD, 4k Samsung PLS

(Retired) MBP 2012 Retina: i7-3820QM, GT650M, 16gb, 512gb SSD, 1800p