Custom Case Build

Rabi's Custom Case Build Log

Hey there chumps! 

I am going to be uploading photos regarding the build progress on my new machine. This will be my second ever build; I appreciate any constructive feedback you have for me and feel free to give me some advice along the way as well.

Parts:

~Processor~ AMD FX-8350

~Graphics Card~ Dual 5870's CHANGED!!! Now A GTX 760

~Motherboard~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3+ AM3+

~Power Supply~ Silverstone st-1000w

~Storage~ 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO

~Case~ I'm going to try and make my own case

~Memory~ 8gb G.skill Ripjaw X DDR3 1600 

Followed! Should be interesting. What are your ideas so far?

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Followed! Should be interesting. What are your ideas so far?

Thank you! And as for ideas... I have a very rough google sketchup of it, but i have been sketching my ideas out on paper as well  :) I will scan them and post them soon 

Thank you! And as for ideas... I have a very rough google sketchup of it, but i have been sketching my ideas out on paper as well  :) I will scan them and post them soon 

Cool.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Here are the two 5870's

post-1219-0-54336100-1386288028_thumb.jp

post-1219-0-68958100-1386288037_thumb.jp

Wow looks like nectar from Aphrodite's nipple! Cant wait to see the final build!

Here are some screen shots of the custom Case/ Desk 

Oh so its a desk case. Nice.

Cant wait to see the final product!

Rig

Spoiler

CPU: 4770k @ 4.2GHz 1.15v | Mobo: ASUS z87 Sabertooth | Cooler: Corsair H110 | RAM: Vengeance 32GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz | GPU: GIGABYTE G1 GTX 1070 | Storage: Samsung 840 series 250GB SSD, Seagate 2TB SSHD, Seagate 4.25TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX850 80+ gold modu | Case: Corsair 650d | Keyboard: Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Reds & a Leopold 210TP Numberpad Cherry MX Blues | Mouse: Logitech G502, DECHANIC desk mat | Monitor: 2x Dell IPS 23" S2340m & ASUS 144hz 24" VG248QE | Speakers: CA-3602a | Headset: Steelseries Syberia v2 Frost Blue OS: Win 10 Pro 

cool, i never thought about that desk configuration, with a low level for typing and a high one for writing i guess.. Awesome

My Rig:

Case: Cooler Master CM II 690 Advanced USB3; Motherboard: Asus P8z77-v; Processor: i5 3550 3.3 GHz - 3.7GHz, oc @ 3.9-4.1 GHz; Graphic cards: two XFX 7850 black edition oc @ 1 GHz; 

Ram: Corsair Vengance Red 2x4 GB 1600 MHz CL8; Heatsink: Noctua NH-U9B; Power supply: Corsair HX750 W 80 Plus Gold; Storage: SSD Vertex 3 120 GB +2 HDD Wester Digital 1 TB

This is another concept I have thought of. I have a metal cabinet that isn't being used and it fits the components perfectly so I might end up painting it and modding it! Let me know what you guys think, I'm just waiting on parts to arrive!

post-1219-0-56587500-1386627740_thumb.jp

This is another concept I have thought of. I have a metal cabinet that isn't being used and it fits the components perfectly so I might end up painting it and modding it! Let me know what you guys think, I'm just waiting on parts to arrive!

This is a pretty unique case and have seen a few desk builds on here so far.

I like this design a lot :)

Okay so I have decided to go with the second model. It will be a lot easier to build, due to the fact that i already have the cabinet. Also i think i and going to plastidip it, does anyone know if i can plastidip metal that has already been painted? 

Okay so I have decided to go with the second model. It will be a lot easier to build, due to the fact that i already have the cabinet. Also i think i and going to plastidip it, does anyone know if i can plastidip metal that has already been painted? 

If you are to give the painted metal a quick small sanding to even out the surface and remove any imperfections, I don't see why it would be an issue.

Where about are you wanting to apply the Plasti Dip to???

Yes you can considering people do it to their whole entire cars haha. No sanding needed unless there are imperfections. And i would add some fan holes so your components don't choke

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

this is going to be interesting. That second design looks pretty sweet. And you will be perfectly fine plastidiping over paint. Just make sure the surface is clean and free of imperfections before putting on a coat. Good luck on the build!

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Yes you can considering people do it to their whole entire cars haha. No sanding needed unless there are imperfections. And i would add some fan holes so your components don't choke

Ahaha I forgot about fans until seeing this, i will update the sketch! thank you!

If you are to give the painted metal a quick small sanding to even out the surface and remove any imperfections, I don't see why it would be an issue.

Where about are you wanting to apply the Plasti Dip to???

The second design is a metal cabinet which i already have, its a bright orange and im not a big fan of it. And I want to try out this plastidip stuff, it sounds really cool!

With some ventilation! 

post-1219-0-01610000-1387236341_thumb.jp

post-1219-0-29945500-1387236348_thumb.jp

With some ventilation! 

Nice.

have you choosen the second design or the first one?? both are awesome, the first is a very good idea that avoids the super thick desk where u can sit comfortably, the second i like as well, it gives good space for exapnsion and/or storage below the system. i wanna push u toward the second because my build i have planned is a desk build and that idea blows mine out the water. both look awesome and have there own merits to consider.

Just a guy with a beard