PC Doesn't Start at all.

Hi, this is my first time on the forum! 

This isn't just that the computer doesn't post, it doesn't boot at all, i took my PC apart to see what parts are in it and then put it back together to see how.

After many hours of struggle and lots of google searches, i had put the PC back together but when i clicked the on button on the motherboard it powered on but didn't post and my AS-ROCK 970 extreme 4 motherboard displayed the error code "00". I googled it and fixed the problem ( I hadn't plugged the power connector back in to the CPU). I then powered it on again and it displayed the error code 5. I powered off the machine but then powered it on again as i had forgotten the error code (I have no idea how!) and the PC didn't boot at all, no error code, no nothing, it was as if i had unplugged the power cable or turned it off at the outlets.

Please help me as i don't have the money to go to a shop.

My (crappy) specs are:

Nvidia geforce 8400 GS

Amd fx 6300

Asrock 970 extreme 4

16gb of ram

(I don't know any more without the computer being on)

Thanks for any help you can give!

maybe a BIOS reset would help. For this you want to disconnect your power supply again and also take out the battery from you Motherboard. Leave it like this for about 10minutes before putting everything back together again. 

Just now, CompleteNoobAtComputerHALP said:

I'll try, thanks for replying so quickly! Is this what it's normally like?

depends. it can be slower or faster

5 minutes ago, CompleteNoobAtComputerHALP said:

This isn't just that the computer doesn't post, it doesn't boot at all, i took my PC apart to see what parts are in it and then put it back together to see how.

Are you sure you put everything back together the right way ? Also did you statistically unloaded your body ? Maybe you killed some sensible part of electronic.

I'll try, thanks for replying so quickly! Is this what it's normally like?

I do not know what exactly the error is, but in many cases this fixes boot problems. If not check if any of your components is not plugged in correctly.

How thoroughly did you disassemble your PC? Did you take the CPU-cooler off? Did you take the CPU out of the socket? Did you remove the power-button, HDD LED and the reset-button cables? Or did you just open the case to peek inside? Knowing what you did to it is important here.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

Just now, Klemmbrett said:

Are you sure you put everything back together the right way ? Also did you statistically unloaded your body ? Maybe you killed some sensible part of electronic.

I have no idea! Please explain more!

Your body usually conducts some electricity when working on sensitive components you should wear an anti static ankle strap or just unload your body on a big metal part by touching it.  

btw you might have fried the mobo by not connecting the cpu power. i tested it on a pc 10 year old pc o was gona throw away just to see what happens and it fried the mobo

This seriously doesn't fill me with confidence, i have taken a really crappy photo of the motherboard but im afraid i didn't take precautions for the body thingy, now you have said it, last night when i was taking it apart i kept shocking myself even though the power was off, this would happen after i had taken the motherboard out of the case and was putting it back together without the case, when i was touching the case and motherboard i would be shocked. I really hope this isn't the case...

I know, the cable management is brilliant.

WIN_20171015_16_23_32_Pro.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ethocreeper said:

btw you might have fried the mobo by not connecting the cpu power. i tested it on a pc 10 year old pc o was gona throw away just to see what happens and it fried the mobo

I'm not sure scaring OP with static electricity is particularly productive. First of all, in all my years of fondling electronics, I've never managed to fry a single device with static electricity. Secondly, I am pretty certain that if anything is fried, it's because OP didn't plug things back correctly.

I think it's best for the OP to retrace what he did to the computer, check that RAM-sticks are seated down properly and all wires and cables are where they're supposed to be (double-check with the help of the motherboard-manual, they're all listed there!!) and if he still doesn't find the failure only then proceed to panic about a possibly fry.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

5 minutes ago, Klemmbrett said:

linus already made a video about it. 

Before i do anything again, i'm gonna binge watch LTT.

This seriously doesn't fill me with confidence, i have taken a really crappy photo of the motherboard but im afraid i didn't take precautions for the body thingy, now you have said it, last night when i was taking it apart i kept shocking myself even though the power was off, this would happen after i had taken the motherboard out of the case and was putting it back together without the case, when i was touching the case and motherboard i would be shocked. I really hope this isn't the case...

Did you take the power-cable out of your PSU when you were doing this? Always, always take power completely out before doing anything inside the PC.

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

I'm not sure scaring OP with static electricity is particularly productive. First of all, in all my years of fondling electronics, I've never managed to fry a single device with static electricity. Secondly, I am pretty certain that if anything is fried, it's because OP didn't plug things back correctly.

I think it's best for the OP to retrace what he did to the computer, check that RAM-sticks are seated down properly and all wires and cables are where they're supposed to be (double-check with the help of the motherboard-manual, they're all listed there!!) and if he still doesn't find the failure only then proceed to panic about a possibly fry.

I don't have the motherboard manual as my parents got it for me last christmas, i don't know how much they spent but i am positive that they got royally ripped off. You have given me a little more faith!

1 minute ago, WereCatf said:

Did you take the power-cable out of your PSU when you were doing this? Always, always take power completely out before doing anything inside the PC.

Yep, but thanks for the advice as i din't know!

3 minutes ago, CompleteNoobAtComputerHALP said:

last night when i was taking it apart i kept shocking myself even though the power was off, this would happen after i had taken the motherboard out of the case and was putting it back together without the case, when i was touching the case and motherboard i would be shocked. I really hope this isn't the case..

You might have killed your motherboard sorry to say that but that is basic knowledge you should have before working on any electronic parts. Especially some pc components cant handle such a shock wich just might be small tickling for you.

1 minute ago, CompleteNoobAtComputerHALP said:

I don't have the motherboard manual as my parents got it for me last christmas, i don't know how much they spent but i am positive that they got royally ripped off. You have given me a little more faith!

Well, go and download the manual. It's not a big file. Then double-check all your cables with the help of the manual, check that your RAM is properly seated (the error-code 5 you mentioned earlier is a RAM-error)

14 minutes ago, WereCatf said:

How thoroughly did you disassemble your PC? Did you take the CPU-cooler off? Did you take the CPU out of the socket? Did you remove the power-button, HDD LED and the reset-button cables? Or did you just open the case to peek inside? Knowing what you did to it is important here.

I literally took everything except the heat sink and power supply

20 minutes ago, Weaster007 said:

maybe a BIOS reset would help. For this you want to disconnect your power supply again and also take out the battery from you Motherboard. Leave it like this for about 10minutes before putting everything back together again. 

How do i put the battery back in lol!

Just go back and start over but before you do this time review some build videos to see how it should progress and just follow along chances are high that you did not connect something right or you left something out 

My daily driver: The Wrath of Red: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen TR4 1950x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA621P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASRock x399 Taichi / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / Samsung 512GB 970 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor x3

My technology Rig: The wizard: OS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen R7 1800x 3.95MHz / Corsair H110i / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / ASUS CH 6 / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / HP 10GB Single Port Mellanox Connectx-2 PCI-E 10GBe NIC / 512GB 960 pro M.2 / ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 STRIX 8GB / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor HP Monitor

My I don't use RigOS Windows 10 home edition / CPU Ryzen 1600x 3.85GHz / Cooler Master MasterAir MA620P Twin-Tower RGB CPU Air Cooler / PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 750watt / MSI x370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Gskill Flare X 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz / Samsung PM961 256GB M.2 PCIe Internal SSDEVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti SSC GAMING / Acer - H236HLbid 23.0" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor

My NAS: The storage miser: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / CPU Intel i7 6700 / Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 500 Watt 80 Plus / ASUS Maximus viii Hero / 32GB Gskill RipJaw DDR4 3200Mhz / HP Mellanox ConnectX-2 10 GbE PCI-e G2 Dual SFP+ Ported Ethernet HCA NIC / 9 Drives total 29TB - 1 4TB seagate parity - 7 4TB WD Red data - 1 1TB laptop drive data - and 2 240GB Sandisk SSD's cache / Headless

Why did I buy this server: OS unRAID v. 6.9.0-beta25 / Dell R710 enterprise server with dual xeon E5530 / 48GB ecc ddr3 / Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA w/ LSI 9211-8i P20 IT / 4 450GB sas drives / headless

Just another server: OS Proxmox VE / Dell poweredge R410

normally first on one side then firmly press down on the other side :D

If it's the typical flat, round battery, you just push it back in. There's a metal spring that keeps it in place, so it may take a bit of force. Though, for future-reference: you usually clear CMOS with a jumper on the motherboard, not by taking the battery out. The jumper is, again, pointed out in the manual.