AMD Ryzen 5 £650 Gaming Rig (Opinions)

Go to solution Solved by MinkHD,

Wait. Isn’t that board a Micro board? Is it compatible with my case?

This is ny first time building a pc, and i was thinking of buying a Gaming rig this Christmas. I’m sick of my trashy Gaming APU Prebuilt pc so i thought i’d step it up a notch and build it myself, and have room for upgradability. So i sold my old pc and gathered up to 650 to get a mid tier gaming rig that i can also use for my school work. Assembling it shouldn’t really be a problem since i have YT. Here is a link to the parts list, however i still need to find a cheap ddr4 8gb memory or 2 4gb. 

I’d like this to reach at least 60fps on overwatch , 40ish on PubG i am willing to lower some settings but i’d like a 1080p experience mostly. And maybe be able to hit close to 60fps on some Call Of duty/ FPS games. Tell me if any parts are bad/ i should swap out. Thanks!

Also i own a 2TB HDD that i’m gonna use in this build so i wont need one :)

pc build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/MinkHD/saved/jZz6XL

I'd step down to a 1400 (and then OC it to 3.8Ghz at least), and save that money to get a 6GB version of the GTX 1060.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Also that PSU is very bad. tier 6 on the PSU tier list (in sig)

get something like the CX450

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

Try this:

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1400 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor  (£136.74 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: Biostar - B350GT5 ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£74.98 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: SanDisk - SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£48.99 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB AMP! Edition Video Card  (£205.95 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Cooler Master - MasterBox Lite 5 ATX Mid Tower Case  (£43.99 @ Novatech)
Power Supply: be quiet! - Pure Power 10 400W 80+ Silver Certified ATX Power Supply  (£47.28 @ Aria PC)
Total: £557.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-10-15 00:56 BST+0100

Desktop:

Laptop:

Mobo is quite meh, and ssd is meh. Look for a pro4 or prime plus for mobo and for ssd maybe this guy.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00CBNXEZM/?tag=pcp0f-21

Also, is 120gb really gonna be enough?

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

All i plan on having on the SSD is Windows. I’m storing all my heavy workloads on the hdd

43 minutes ago, MinkHD said:

I’d like this to reach at least 60fps on overwatch , 40ish on PubG i am willing to lower some settings but i’d like a 1080p experience mostly. And maybe be able to hit close to 60fps on some Call Of duty/ FPS games. Tell me if any parts are bad/ i should swap out. Thanks!

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/gfHX4C

I went with the 1400 because there isn't much difference between it and the 1500x so there's no real point spending the extra as you can simply overclock later if you have to, Asus Prime board because its a lot nicer than the MSI board and colour neutral so if you plan to add LEDs at some point or just any other new components down the line they'll all still look good together (for example changing your case etc),  LPX ram because its the best value ram out atm, 250GB SSD so there's enough room to put a few games on after the OS, 1060 because it's a mid range card budget card and just kept the rest of your specs :)

1 minute ago, MinkHD said:

if an ATX board fits then a micro board will as well :)