The best white peripherals

So I spent $400 on new peripherals for my new white setup, and wanted to share some pics here :)

I had limited space on my DIY keyboard tray, and I never used any of the macros or number pad on my K95 RGB, so I decided to get a TKL keyboard that was white.

Ducky is one of the best keyboard brands, and they make a white TKL keyboard. Unfortunately it either comes with RGB or no LED, there is no pure white LED option so I had to go with RGB. Also added 0.4mm blue (soft) o-rings to the MX-red switches.

I also replaced my MX Master with an MX Master 2s that comes in "light gray" which is basically white.

1.thumb.JPG.2bd31adf172be7d63b7f3e342a5fbd50.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.30d29e06ab4fa76d49c67d67b1845d21.JPG

3.thumb.JPG.ee2966571a84282dbfc3d312fac46125.JPG

Interestingly enough, the white shell of the keyboard perfectly matches the white shell of the mouse, and the "super light gray" of the keycaps matches the "super light gray" on the surface of the mouse!

It's like these two peripherals were made for eachother! :D

Even though the light gray is almost white, it still shows up pretty gray on the camera.

The brighter the ambient light is, the whiter they look.

It's basically just two different shades of white IMO, I wouldn't really call it gray.

I also used white anker micro USB cables for both, and the 'white' cable is also the same shade of 'super light gray' as the mouse and keyboard keys.

Overall, an excellent pair of peripherals, great quality for both.

I highly recommend these to anyone looking for white peripherals for a white setup.

PS - Pics of my new fully-white setup are coming soon!

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I usually hate white peripherals, but that with the grey key caps is actually quite nice. I wouldn't use them, but I can see the allure. It's crazy how perfectly they match! The keyboard is also extremely understated, looks like some IBM keyboard I would have used a couple decades ago.

I love the MX Master for most uses, hate it for gaming. They make a white Level10 M ;) IMO one of the nicest mice, but I light weightier mice with an amazing build quality over something light and "quick".

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

6 minutes ago, dizmo said:

I usually hate white peripherals, but that with the grey key caps is actually quite nice. I wouldn't use them, but I can see the allure. It's crazy how perfectly they match! The keyboard is also extremely understated, looks like some IBM keyboard I would have used a couple decades ago.

I love the MX Master for most uses, hate it for gaming. They make a white Level10 M ;) IMO one of the nicest mice, but I light weightier mice with an amazing build quality over something light and "quick".

They actually have stayed perfectly clean the past few weeks, maybe I'm just really good at keeping my hands clean :)

I went with white because I wanted them to blend in as much as possible into the rest of the furniture, and it does the job very well.

I don't mind gaming on the MX master, I'm not a pro competitive player at all so it works for me.

For stuff like coding or cad or video editing it is just amazing.

And yeah, the keyboard is super minimalist compared to my K95 lol

I have noticed the ducky keys wobble a bit less though, idk why that is since they're both MX red RGB switches.

Maybe it's just cause it's new.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

3 minutes ago, rip said:

well if you can't find it, you paint it

I saw my friend painted a black ducky keyboard with white plastidip and it was getting scratched off in some placed, so I decided to just get the white version in the first place.

I needed to replace the K95 keyboard anyway since it didn't fit :P

But yeah, painting is a good budget option.

As you can tell, I don't usually go for budget options though.

Spoiler

Nice, looks really clean. With white peripherals your selection is usually pretty limited but you made it work. The only thing I don't like about it - as someone who can't stand keyboard trays in general - is that there's not a lot of space to move the mouse. Can you not set the RGB LEDs on the Ducky to a solid color so that they would be white?

Looking forward to seeing the whole setup!

2 minutes ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Nice, looks really clean. With white peripherals your selection is usually pretty limited but you made it work. The only thing I don't like about it - as someone who can't stand keyboard trays in general - is that there's not a lot of space to move the mouse. Can you not set the RGB LEDs on the Ducky to a solid color so that they would be white?

Looking forward to seeing the whole setup!

Yeah that's why I needed a TKL keyboard, to get a bit more space.

I use a pretty high DPI with acceleration so my mouse movements are not very large.

Back when I was using a huge desk I found that I didn't really need much space for my mouse.

I set the backlight to 'white', however RGB white always looks worse than pure white because of the way the colours mix.

Pure white LEDs look way better.

It's alright though, most of the time the backlight is off, I only need it at night :)

Spoiler