Alphacool UT60 or EKWB XE radiators

Alphacool UT60 vs EKWB XE  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which radiator do you think I should go for

Dear All,

I'm currently planning for a system that has over 1200W TDP (Quad 1080Ti + 1950X) to dissipate. I have enough space for 1200 mm of radiator space (480 + 480 + 240) and I am trying to go for a silent as possible system.

I can either get EKWB XE radiators or Alphacool Radiators. While they are known to be fairly filthy on arrival, alphacool rads have low fpi which, may be better in this case since I am only going for push or pull using ML120 fans from corsair and the rads are fairly thick (60 mm).

If anybody has experience with both, please leave a comment as to what you think. I'm sort of leaning towards the EK radiators.

I only had EKWB parts and I was glad with my decision. Didn't have any problems for almost 2 years, but then small leak occoured (my fault).

480+480+240 will be more than enough to get rid of all that heat, regardless of what brand of radiators you will end up with.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

Having a 360 XE and a 360 PE here in my system. They work well for me and I have my fans around 800 rpm running. But I'm only cooling a 5820k and a single 1080.

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

I would go HWLabs or Alphacool in this case that way you can run the fans slower while EK is good they don't make superior radiators next to HWL and thats the best you can buy. It does not matter how dirty the radiators come they all have to be cleaned out..First with a good shake and then with Mayhems blitz or Primochill Sysprep.

14 hours ago, For Science! said:

Dear All,

I'm currently planning for a system that has over 1200W TDP (Quad 1080Ti + 1950X) to dissipate. I have enough space for 1200 mm of radiator space (480 + 480 + 240) and I am trying to go for a silent as possible system.

I can either get EKWB XE radiators or Alphacool Radiators. While they are known to be fairly filthy on arrival, alphacool rads have low fpi which, may be better in this case since I am only going for push or pull using ML120 fans from corsair and the rads are fairly thick (60 mm).

If anybody has experience with both, please leave a comment as to what you think. I'm sort of leaning towards the EK radiators.

I've got a UT60 and the fin density is pretty low only around 8-10 FPI so even running push or pull is alright on that rad but the EKWB being a fair bit denser a push pull option would be a good idea. It just depends at which RPM you plan on running but the SR2 from HWlabs, EKWB and UT60 at low speeds are very similar in performance.

pp750_av

10 minutes ago, W-L said:

-snip-

Interesting read, didn't really appreciate how crappy the dissipation was at ~700 rpm. At least from that roundup it would seem that EKWB would be the go to (Except for low rpm, which looks quite randomy).

4 hours ago, PPCs-Kat said:

-snip-

While I would love to go HWLabs (and that is what I use for builds with my own money), supplier issues for this particular build limits me to specifically Alphacool or EKWB. I think given that the UT60 doesn't scale particularly well especially at higher rpms, I think I will go for EKWB this time.

6 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Interesting read, didn't really appreciate how crappy the dissipation was at ~700 rpm. At least from that roundup it would seem that EKWB would be the go to (Except for low rpm, which looks quite randomy).

While I would love to go HWLabs (and that is what I use for builds with my own money), supplier issues for this particular build limits me to specifically Alphacool or EKWB. I think given that the UT60 doesn't scale particularly well especially at higher rpms, I think I will go for EKWB this time.

Unfortunately I haven't found much data on testing below 750RPM but with the lower FPI of the UT60 the cooling potential is lost at even slightly higher RPM's. Personally my system doesn't have fans going past 750RPM and most times they run only around 500RPM which benefit's the UT60s low fin density. 

Love my alphacool, they both have good port options when the ek is the xe. Like the lower fpi and finish as well. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz