Ek a240g waterblock comparability

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has tried to mount the EK a240g waterblock to a NVIDIA 9 series reference boards? I just got a Titan X (Maxwell) and I was looking at getting the EK kit. I know it fits all 10 series reference boards but given how similar the 10 and 9 series reference boards screws are I was thinking the waterblock might fit. It appears that all but one or two screws align so it might not but I just want to check. If anyone has tried this or can confirm that would be great.  

nope nope nope. it won't work don't even try. why would you even think it would. this is basic geometry the square does not fit in the circle slot

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz

4 minutes ago, matt_kevin said:

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has tried to mount the EK a240g waterblock to a NVIDIA 9 series reference boards? I just got a Titan X (Maxwell) and I was looking at getting the EK kit. I know it fits all 10 series reference boards but given how similar the 10 and 9 series reference boards screws are I was thinking the waterblock might fit. It appears that all but one or two screws align so it might not but I just want to check. If anyone has tried this or can confirm that would be great.  

No it's not compatible the boards and component layout are not the same.

https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/waterblock/3831109890769

5 minutes ago, SquintyG33Rs said:

nope nope nope. it won't work don't even try. why would you even think it would. this is basic geometry the square does not fit in the circle slot

Yes but all of the mounting wholes look identical except one and the chip is in the same location as I can tell

Just now, matt_kevin said:

Yes but all of the mounting wholes look identical except one and the chip is in the same location as I can tell

no what about the VRM what about the VRAM what about every cap on the PCB it's not like a CPU block that only covers the die. it has too many other things in the way

Primary System

• CPU
    Ryzen R6 5700X
  • Motherboard
    MSI B350M mortar arctic
  • RAM
    32GB Corsair RGB 3600MT/s CAS18
  • GPU
    Zotac RTX 3070 OC
  • Case
    kind of a mess
  • Storage
    WD black NVMe SSD 500GB & 1TB samsung Sata ssd & x 1TB WD blue & x 3TB Seagate
  • PSU
    corsair RM750X white
  • Display(s)
    1440p 21:9 100Hz