60mm radiator for 2 Xeon CPUs?

The title says it all. I have a Z600 case and motherboard. I want to build a water cooling system into it, but only if it will work as well as, or better than the base air coolers. 

My question is, will a 60mm dual rad work to cool 2 x5650 CPUs? And if so, how would you make a loop to dissipate the heat evenly? Conventionalism says to just use 2 Y fittings and branch the pump output to both CPU blocks, then branch it back to the radiator.

Just my own experience, but I would avoid going parallel with water cooling.  I had a situation once where there was a pocket of air in one of my gpu blocks which was creating flow resistance.  This caused the water to be unevenly distributed to the other gpu block.  

if you put these in a conventional loop you would create one 'cold' and one 'hot' chip. as the water from the first chip would heat up before it goes over the second chip. 

so a parallel setup seems to be the way to go. some manufacturers like bitspower make these handy block fittings which would make it look a lot nicer then Y splitters :)

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bitspower block

as mentioned above tough, parallel setups need to be filled properly, as bubbles of air mess with the flow.

1 hour ago, RollinLower said:

if you put these in a conventional loop you would create one 'cold' and one 'hot' chip. as the water from the first chip would heat up before it goes over the second chip. 

so a parallel setup seems to be the way to go. some manufacturers like bitspower make these handy block fittings which would make it look a lot nicer then Y splitters :)

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bitspower block

as mentioned above tough, parallel setups need to be filled properly, as bubbles of air mess with the flow.

So, as long as the pump has sufficient flow, it should not have cooling issues with splitting the system in this way. Correct? I was planning to use my 2 drive bays to house the pump/res combo. No real need for optical drives anymore. 

The setup is nearly for the "because I can" reason and to keep out as much heat inside as I can. No plans to overclock, or really to do much else other than to have "bolt-ons. I appreciate the info.

Oh, and I plan to just keep my gpu air cooled. Not enough room for that much water cooling. LolIMG_20171002_065810882.thumb.jpg.52ecdf8e41c8578c25dc54f1f29faa72.jpg

Not true unfortunatey. water moves around a pc so fast that the loop temperature goes up gradually as a whole. so you will not have a hot CPU and a cold cpu. (same logic as how loop order does not matter).

The only consideration is the restriction of the CPU block. but I have seen dual CPU blocks in series with no problems

Two 95w tdp cpus with a Dual 60mm rad id say no. 

Cool one cpu MAYBE my guess is you would have to have fans full speed.

If pure cooling power is the goal id say a a 280 rad would be what your looking for. Dual 140

Or a dual 120 (240) thats slightly thicker (for more water volume)

A single 480 tho would allow you to run the system silent.

1 hour ago, JDMFTW said:

Two 95w tdp cpus with a Dual 60mm rad id say no. 

Cool one cpu MAYBE my guess is you would have to have fans full speed.

If pure cooling power is the goal id say a a 280 rad would be what your looking for. Dual 140

Or a dual 120 (240) thats slightly thicker (for more water volume)

A single 480 tho would allow you to run the system silent.

As much as I would love to be able to fit a rad that huge, there is simply not enough room in the case. At least without cutting it up. I do have 2 astek AIO Intel water coolers. But again, the really won't fit in my case. 

1 hour ago, For Science! said:

Not true unfortunatey. water moves around a pc so fast that the loop temperature goes up gradually as a whole. so you will not have a hot CPU and a cold cpu. (same logic as how loop order does not matter).

The only consideration is the restriction of the CPU block. but I have seen dual CPU blocks in series with no problems

But, which style would work better? Having the two blocks in series or parallel? 

2 minutes ago, Tylerspyler said:

As much as I would love to be able to fit a rad that huge, there is simply not enough room in the case. At least without cutting it up. I do have 2 astek AIO Intel water coolers. But again, the really won't fit in my case. 

But, which style would work better? Having the two blocks in series or parallel? 

Between parallel and series, you are unlikely to observe any differences. However if one was to get slightly more clogged than the other for example, then a parallel configuration would have more severe consequences than in series. So in terms of a fail-safe, series would be the better option.

I think 120mm of rad space per cpu that is 60 mm, especially if its a non-overclocked CPU, would be sufficient to keep things under reasonable control. Just get a pump that doesn't dump too much heat into the loop 

9 minutes ago, Tylerspyler said:

-snip-

Here are some examples of my google-fu "dual xeon water"

2MIhTRT.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

main-qimg-d1da77720a718a69beffb1b13b6f44ac-c

Bildergebnis für dual xeon water cool