Building my first Gaming PC.

1 minute ago, Ofbasecfin said:

No, cause I'm not able to get all the parts that are out there, else I'd have to order outside of The Netherlands, and those will be from a non-trusty website or from America, and I'd need to pay a lot to get them here.

Can you order from Germany?

I'm from Netherlands, and what i'd like to recommend to you is to go to tweakers.net and look in their pricewatch what (high rated) web shop is cheapest in your expansife parts, then build the total system om that webshop and compare it to the other 2/3 webshops to see where you get the best deal.

I personally really like Azerty.

1 minute ago, Punk91903 said:

ok what link then what web site??

I don't use a website, I used a website that kinda lets you pick a few parts and they will build that PC for you.

But you pay a LOT for them to build it, and it's a dutch site so I don't think you're able to read a lot of it.

gamepc.nl

3 minutes ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Can you order from Germany?

I could, but I can't read german so I prefer not too.

8 minutes ago, Ansuex said:

First of all, nice that you are considering building your own PC!

At first glance I don't see anything wrong with your list.

I see others recommending a Ryzen CPU. Though this is very nice for a low budget i'd say that i5 you picked would make a great CPU for your first self build system.

If you can get your hands on a 8th generation intel i5 that would be a +1 :)

What you might consider is taking a bit more RAM.

8GB used to be enough for a long time, but getting around 16gb of RAM will just allow you to have that Minecraft Server open 24/7 without really seeing impact on system performance.

Who plays minecraft? xD

7 minutes ago, Ofbasecfin said:

I could, but I can't read german so I prefer not too.

Funny, I can read dutch and understand like 80% of it :D

Can you order from from Alternate.nl? They have a nice configuration tool and I could work out a build for 600€. I took a look at that gamepc.nl site you mentioned, but it seems overpriced and they don't have the new 8th gen processors as an option yet.

2 minutes ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Funny, I can read dutch and understand like 80% of it :D

Can you order from from Alternate.nl? They have a nice configuration tool and I could work out a build for 600€. I took a look at that gamepc.nl site you mentioned, but it seems overpriced and they don't have the new 8th gen processors as an option yet.

I know, cause they build it for you, and I just used it to try and make a build that would fit together.

And yea, It is Dutch so I think I should be able to order from there.

I just really don't like ordering from outside my country, cause last time when I ordered something from germany, which was a official Payday 2 mask, I had to wait for MONTHS.

18 minutes ago, Ofbasecfin said:

I know, cause they build it for you, and I just used it to try and make a build that would fit together.

And yea, It is Dutch so I think I should be able to order from there.

I just really don't like ordering from outside my country, cause last time when I ordered something from germany, which was a official Payday 2 mask, I had to wait for MONTHS.

I put a build together on Alternate.nl now. It's a little over budget but prices change within 5 months so you'll have to take another look at it and slightly tweak it when you eventually order your parts anyway:

Spoiler

GOisieV.png

Also maybe there are better retailers in the Netherlands, with better prices. I don't know. There's a Dutch thread in the Off Topic section of this forum, maybe the people there can help you find somewhere with better prices.

As for ordering from outside your country:

I can understand what you're worried about, but you really shouldn't have had to wait for months. I order a lot from other countries and normally it shouldn't take more than a week if it's from within the EU. If it's from a neighboring country it normally only takes one or two days longer. 

1 hour ago, TheBeastPC said:

Same price

Different motherboard is required

Why diff motherboard? 

13 minutes ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Here's another build I threw together, with a slightly worse CPU but with a GTX1060:

Hide contents

GOiKu9g.png

I don't need a HDD and I don't want a different GPU, cause I won't play any higher games than GTA V

4 minutes ago, Ofbasecfin said:

I don't need a HDD and I don't want a different GPU, cause I won't play any higher games than GTA V

That's good, you'll save some money that way! Just leave out the HDD. The 1050ti will be fine for GTA V as far as I can tell from looking at benchmarks online. So if you strictly wanna stick to your budget, go with the 1050ti. If you want to spend a little more, now that more of the budget is left by leaving out the HDD, I'd suggest a GTX1060 6GB. It's up to you, of course.

Just now, chilicheeseburger said:

That's good, you'll save some money that way! Just leave out the HDD. The 1050ti will be fine for GTA V as far as I can tell from looking at benchmarks online. So if you strictly wanna stick to your budget, go with the 1050ti. If you want to spend a little more, now that more of the budget is left by leaving out the HDD, I'd suggest a GTX1060 6GB. It's up to you, of course.

No, cause then I pay 60 euros more, and I don't want a worse CPU, and def not a other case.

2 minutes ago, chilicheeseburger said:

I see, so you definitely want the Sharkoon VG5-W case, the GTX1050ti and Ryzen 5 1600 or i5 8400, right?

IG I want the i5 8400 and the rest that you just said, and I want 12gb of dedicated amount of ram for minecraft server (ram).

Edit: But I can't find the i5 8400...

But maybe when I got the money I can.

2 minutes ago, Ofbasecfin said:

IG I want the i5 8400 and the rest that you just said, and I want 12gb of dedicated amount of ram for minecraft server (ram).

Edit: But I can't find the i5 8400...

But maybe when I got the money I can.

Where are you looking? The i5 8400 is brand new, so not in stock everywhere yet.

It's gonna be hard to fit all that in a 600€ budget with 12gb of ram dedicated to minecraft. Anyway, just save up for 5 months as you said and then get the best you can with your savings.

1 minute ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Where are you looking? The i5 8400 is brand new, so not in stock everywhere yet.

It's gonna be hard to fit all that in a 600€ budget with 12gb of ram dedicated to minecraft. Anyway, just save up for 5 months as you said and then get the best you can with your savings.

I'm just gonna indeed wait for 5 months, hope I even get the job I signed up for...

And I'll text my cousin, he used to make videos on YouTube, and he got around 70 fps while recording in GTA V with high settings.

If you were to get an AMD Ryzen CPU, anyone, you would need an AM4 motherboard. This is the socket, a CPU with a socket like LGA 1151 will not fit into a socket of AMD 4 and vice-versa. Intel CPU's with a 6,7 or 8 at the beginning of their title, for example, 8700 or 6600, would need an LGA 1151 socket on their motherboard, anything smaller (which are earlier generations) would need an LGA 1150.

I'm pretty sure any motherboard with a socket of LGA 1151 or AM4 will need DDR4 RAM, but you will have to check on every motherboard so don't quote me on that. SODIMM RAM is usually used in laptops and is half the height of regular RAM, you can find out more here.

A couple of other things that I would be wary of are the case manufacturer, I have never heard of a skarkoon case, and so would stick with someone like cosier, cooler master or NZXT. Another thing is your cooler, although from a known brand I would go with a consumer favour of the Hyper 212 Evo, it is roughly the same price. Another thing to mention about cooler is that unless you are planning on overclocking them, there isn't a massive need. Yes, a nice upgrade but until you really need it I would not buy one, personally. You also have not considered any storage, I would either choose an SSD or an HHD. 500W power supplies are really the bare minimum, so I maybe would choose a large capacity one maybe with the money you have saved from your cooler. A thing to note is that the 1050ti and 1060 offer a very similar amount of performance, so I would choose whichever one you can find for cheaper. One final thing is that I would not buy a key for Windows off Microsoft as they are usually extremely expensive (£100), I got mine off some website for £8.

Hope this goes well :)

important figure in mensa

2 hours ago, Ofbasecfin said:

Hello!

So as you can see this is my first time building a PC.

This isn't gonna be build soon, I gotta work for it first.

I will buy the parts in 5 months.

But I'm not sure if the build will fit together, and if it will, if it fits in the case.

So I'm asking for some help, does anybody know if there would be any problems with the stuff not fitting in the case or the Ram for example not fitting in the motherboard.

Here are all the parts!

Case: Sharkoon VG5-W

CPU: Intel Core i5-7500

Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 103

Motherboard: Asus Prime b250-plus 

Dedicated amount of ram for minecraft server (RAM):  Crucial 8GB SODIMM DDR4-2133

GPU: MSI GTX 1050 TI

PowerSupply: Cooler Master masterwatt lite 500W

What is your budget?