LG V30 custom launcher performance?

So I am between the LG V30 and the PIXEL 2 XL for new phone. For me, I love stock android feel and look and is a big reason why I would get the new pixel but the LGv30 has so many more things that are useful like headphone jack, DAC support, wide angle camera, wireless charging, expandable storage, a lil bit smaller in height than pixel 2 (which I want personally), and the cine video capturing feature. The only thing that is still kind of pushing me back is the software differences. I hate LG skin and I love the pixel android software. With nova launcher, I can customize it to look and feel exactly like the stock android, pixel software on the V30. I've seen good reviews saying that nova isn't a big performance hit but I want to ask all of you this. If I get the LG V30 and do the nova launcher thing, will there be a noticeable performance hit on it (opening apps, multitasking, navigating) or is nova not that intensive that it will have no impact (i have even read reviews saying that it even sometimes makes phones faster)? Thank you

7 minutes ago, pcguyiguess said:

If I get the LG V30 and do the nova launcher thing, will there be a noticeable performance hit on it (opening apps, multitasking, navigating) or is nova not that intensive that it will have no impact (i have even read reviews saying that it even sometimes makes phones faster)? Thank you

I can't speak for LG's software, but my Nexus 5x's home screen feels faster on Nova than the Google Now launcher (predecessor to Pixel Launcher). There shouldn't be any hit on speed unless LG's launcher is super light these days (Doubt it) and in fact you should experience an improvement if there is any change.

Shouldnt be. And in the case of something like the s6 it probably makes the phone faster since TouchWiz was some giant obtrusive thing, but you should be fine.

I've always found Nova to be better in every regard, including speed. Even if there was a slight speed it, I'd take it for the customization Nova offers. I really don't think you'll have any issues with it though.

As for the V30, you'd have to wait until someone on the forum gets one, and tries it. I don't think they're even out yet.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 hours ago, Abyss Gaming said:

Shouldnt be. And in the case of something like the s6 it probably makes the phone faster since TouchWiz was some giant obtrusive thing, but you should be fine.

Thanks, looks like I will try to get the V30 then. Def. will wait on reviews from youtubers tho. but that pixel xl looks so nice... but those v30 fetures are too many too pass up

Doesn't really answer your question since I don't use Nova, but I just switched from an iPhone 6S to a V30 and I don't think the default launcher is slow, so I personally am not exploring for an alternative launcher.