Windows 10 install frustration.

Dxg1997

Please see video. I'm losing it over this. Attempting to install on a WD Blue 250 gb ssd. 

Msi 970a-g43 with fully updated bios

Amd fx 8350

24 gb ram

Msi Gtx 1070.

Looks to me as if Win10 doesn't see the drive (duh, right?) as valid. I'd try installing some other OS on the drive, Ubuntu for starters. If Ubuntu works, then your hardware is good and the ISO you are using for Win10 is bad.

Also, when you get to the section about installing Win10, don't click on "I don't have a key", just click "next", and delete whatever Win10 thinks is on the ssd, it should not say (IIRC, I refuse to use Win10) "System" but rather "Blank"

Anyway, install *nix, see what happens, that should sort out if it's hardware or Win10.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

The drive needs to be formatted first so select the drive and then press Format.

Also why IDE should you  not be using AHCI?

13 hours ago, C2dan88 said:

The drive needs to be formatted first so select the drive and then press Format.

Also why IDE should you  not be using AHCI?

I tried setting it to AHCI and it still wouldn't install. I've formatted it repeatedly, and it refuses to install. 

20 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Looks to me as if Win10 doesn't see the drive (duh, right?) as valid. I'd try installing some other OS on the drive, Ubuntu for starters. If Ubuntu works, then your hardware is good and the ISO you are using for Win10 is bad.

Also, when you get to the section about installing Win10, don't click on "I don't have a key", just click "next", and delete whatever Win10 thinks is on the ssd, it should not say (IIRC, I refuse to use Win10) "System" but rather "Blank"

Anyway, install *nix, see what happens, that should sort out if it's hardware or Win10.

Ubuntu installed and runs fine, but the Western Digital SSD Dashboard doesn't recognize that there is an SSD attached to my PC. This is so weird. 

Does Ubuntu see the SSD?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

It installed to it and ran okay. I formatted it again, and booted into my win 10 on my hdd, and made sure win 10 can see the SSD. I'm probably going to RMA it. Not sure what else to do.

Untitled.png

Turns out the newest version of WD SSD Dash cannot see the 250 gb ssd's. Wtf. Anyways, update video. Still don't work. @Radium_Angel

What I was asking is did Ubuntu see it? Did you install Ubuntu on the ssd in question, or use a live cd?