Should i buy an ATX case?

drkknghtavngr

Im currently using a budget micro atx board, is it worth it to future proof my case? 

Right now, Im looking at Fractal Design Core 1300(micro) for $40 and FDC 2300 (full atx) for $50... 

I move my pc around the house sometimes to watch movies/play games on the big screen so maybe a micro atx would be perfect, but I realize that if I decide to buy a full size atx board (which I want, not because of sli/crossfire but because Im a miner and I want atleast 3 gpu inside my personal rig :) ) then ill need to buy a Brand new Case and also sell my current case which so much hassle!!!

What do you guys think I should buy?

I don't think the price of a new case is that high compared to three high end graphics cards for mining. And unless you can afford the graphic cards at the moment I would wait.

You might even be able to resell your micro atx case later (to a Scrap Yard Wars builder ;P )

10 hours ago, drkknghtavngr said:

Im currently using a budget micro atx board, is it worth it to future proof my case? 

Right now, Im looking at Fractal Design Core 1300(micro) for $40 and FDC 2300 (full atx) for $50... 

I move my pc around the house sometimes to watch movies/play games on the big screen so maybe a micro atx would be perfect, but I realize that if I decide to buy a full size atx board (which I want, not because of sli/crossfire but because Im a miner and I want atleast 3 gpu inside my personal rig :) ) then ill need to buy a Brand new Case and also sell my current case which so much hassle!!!

What do you guys think I should buy?

No mATX case I know of has 6 PCi-e slots on it, most are four or five. You'd need at least six if you're going to stick two slot width GPU's in it...

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25