Questions about deliding.

Hello, how are you?

So, I have a few questions about deliding.

First is what paste is better to use over the die? Liquid Pro or Liquid Ultra.

Also, how long does the liquid metal paste lasts?
How long after a delid is it required to replace the liquid metal paste on the die?

Also, is the liquid metal paste fluid? Is it better to use a case with a horizontal motherboard orientation to avoid spill of the paste?

Any long term side effects to running liquid metal paste on the die?

Thank for the help.

Cheers!

Here is a tut that explains everything really well: 

I Personally use a vertical mounted motherboard and had no problems yet, but if you plan on not re-seal the integrated heatspreader i would use a horizontal one.

For Delidding i used the DelidDieMate 2 from Der8auer, but i guess you can use what u like most. 

Liquid Ultra is newer and a small amount better

no clue, a year or something? mine is still good but its been like a coupple of weeks lol

when it goes bad

its very fluid but it sticks to the die and IHS so it dosent matter

cooler temps, more maintnance, pretty good risk to kill the CPU if you screw up

also LM is a pain to remove from anything so make sure you DO NOT SPILL IT!

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

23 minutes ago, Gdourado said:

Hello, how are you?

So, I have a few questions about deliding.

First is what paste is better to use over the die? Liquid Pro or Liquid Ultra.

Also, how long does the liquid metal paste lasts?
How long after a delid is it required to replace the liquid metal paste on the die?

Also, is the liquid metal paste fluid? Is it better to use a case with a horizontal motherboard orientation to avoid spill of the paste?

Any long term side effects to running liquid metal paste on the die?

Thank for the help.

Cheers!

Hello, I love delidding and will gladly question your answers. 

1. I'd personally go for Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut, it's better than either pro or ultra
  2. I've heard of Liquid Pro or Liquid Ultra drying up after a while, and apparently Conductonaut is impervious to this, however I haven't used either of them long enough to know, but so far everything else about Conductonaut is true. It's got a higher thermal conductivity and is a little easier to apply alright. It also comes in very German packaging. 
  3. I mean, Conductonaut claims to be never need to replacing (I'll get back to you on that in 2 years). I'd say replace if the temps get high again, until that happens no one really knows. 
  4. Yes, it's quite fluid, being mostly gallium, it's very liquid, but also a very high viscosity. If applied right with no excess, it won't drip or run though. If you want a horizontal layout go for it, but it isn't needed. 
  5. Not really, the top of tie die is silicon despite what some people say. I clean mine with all kinds of acids (Sulphuric acid 80%, Hydrochloric acid 90%, Nitric acid 60%)  and have never seen the polished silicon change.  

Yours faithfully