What's your DPI and Sensitivity in Overwatch?

EunSoo

Hi! I just want to take a sort of poll on what dpi and sensitivity people play at in Overwatch or other FPS games if you want. Also say what heroes you play as so I can use that as context. And your mouse maybe?

For instance, I use 960dpi at 5 sensitivity and I main tracer, genji, and ana with a sprinkle of soldier. And I'm almost certain that's not optimal but higher settings just feel odd even when I play with them for weeks.

oh and I use a Logitech G402 

Edited by SCGazelle

It's really all personal preference. I use 1600/2.5. I used to main Zarya and Rein, so I played with a higher sens back then, but I now mostly play Soldier and other aim-based heroes, so I've moved toward a lower sens on all heroes.

I believe high DPI/low sens is generally better than low DPI/high sens.

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

Also if you want to share your crosshair that'd be cool. Here's mine:

crosshair.PNG.84e386a272d10a3097755d589277f090.PNG

Just now, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

It's really all personal preference. I use 1600/2.5. I used to main Zarya and Rein, so I played with a higher sens back then, but I now mostly play Soldier and other aim-based heroes, so I've moved toward a lower sens on all heroes.

High DPI/low sens is generally better than low DPI/high sens btw

ahh, that's good to know. I'll mess around with it.

Hanzo; stock sensitivity and 1750 (enough to make a 180-degree turn without lifting my mouse). 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

11 minutes ago, SCGazelle said:

Hi! I just want to take a sort of poll on what dpi and sensitivity people play at in Overwatch or other FPS games if you want. Also say what heroes you play as so I can use that as context. And your mouse maybe?

For instance, I use 960dpi at 5 sensitivity and I main tracer, genji, and ana with a sprinkle of soldier. And I'm almost certain that's not optimal but higher settings just feel odd even when I play with them for weeks.

oh and I use a Logitech G402 

Logitech G502 600 dpi 10 sensitivity

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

13 minutes ago, Chaos_Sorcerer said:

I believe high DPI/low sens is generally better than low DPI/high sens.

I wouldn't say either is superior to the other, its just preference.

I don't think anyone really notices much of an effect from the dpi steps on a mouse from the sensor.

You should always find whats the best for sens/dpi for YOU and what you're most comfortable with

:) 

About 1200, I main D.VA so I don't quite need some low dpi setting. I'm more of a I'm gonna dash and unload in your face player. ?

9 minutes ago, Aytex said:

I don't think anyone really notices much of an effect from the dpi steps on a mouse from the sensor.

I'm not sure about this but I remember hearing something about this and I think that it has something to do with skipping. This website explains it much better than I could have:

https://pyrolistical.github.io/overwatch-dpi-tool/

12 minutes ago, Aytex said:

You should always find whats the best for sens/dpi for YOU and what you're most comfortable with

The problem I am facing right now is that I have to pick up my mouse 2 times to comfortable do a 360. And I can barely do a 180 without picking it up.

Added peripherals to sig and checked mouse sensitivity..it's 15 so, stock? lol

Also I love this ♥

750dpi at 6.87 sensitivity

MY RIG- I call it the millennium falcon “she doesn’t look like much but she’s got it where it counts kid”

CoolerMaster HAFX, ASUS Maximus Ranger vii, Intel i-5 4690k @4.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, Reference GTX1080, 480GB SSD, Corsair RM850W. . Cooling- Corsair H60 w Noctua NF-F12, EK DBay res/pump combo, EK-FC1080FE block, 360mm radiator, 3x Noctua industrial 2000rpm fans. . Displays- LGOLED55B7V, ACER KG241. Peripherals- Corsair M65, Roccat RYOS MK-PRO, Logitech G633, Logitech G920

8 hours ago, Aytex said:

:) 

The thing is, they will have the same effective sensitivity, but lower DPI tends to produce more issues than higher DPI does. The only disadvantage to going with higher DPI is if you want to have a lower effective sens than the minimum in-game sensitivity and your DPI give you. 

I don't believe any of the issues that come with using a lower DPI past 800 or so, so yeah, you're right. Again, I'll have to read up on this. I've just heard that there are some noticeable problems with DPI lower than 800 or something. Don't quote me on that, though. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

7 hours ago, SCGazelle said:

I'm not sure about this but I remember hearing something about this and I think that it has something to do with skipping. This website explains it much better than I could have:

https://pyrolistical.github.io/overwatch-dpi-tool/

The problem I am facing right now is that I have to pick up my mouse 2 times to comfortable do a 360. And I can barely do a 180 without picking it up.

I don't actually think pixel skipping is a big issue, but there are some other problems with using a lower DPI. Not sure what they are, though. I'll have to look it up. Either way, it's a good idea to try and avoid them. You also generally want a higher DPI when you're using a higher resolution screen. 

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

800 DPI, 5.50 sensitivity

I play most of the cast

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit