Windows 10

Slaxc

I'm almost completed with my pc build but still need Windows 10 Pro, I was looking at some sites such as Kinguin but not too sure if they're safe or not. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy Windows 10 Pro for a good price and not get screwed over?

Another question, how do I take a Windows 10 Key and get that on a new pc? I think I need to get it onto a flashdrive but 1) How do I do that and 2) How big does the flashdrive need to be?

You don't need Pro

You can get it for free thorugh school or get a regular one legit via MS store site

1) Install Windows Creation Software

2) I think 8GB 

rip

Just now, rip said:

You don't need Pro

You can get it for free thorugh school or get a regular one legit via MS store site

1) Install Windows Creation Software

2) I think 8GB 

Why do I not need Pro? I heard a lot of people say it was worth it... also I don't think I would pay 120$ for w10 lol

You put the OS on a flash drive, not the key.

You type in the key after clean installing.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Slaxc said:

Why do I not need Pro? I heard a lot of people say it was worth it... also I don't think I would pay 120$ for w10 lol

LOL who the heck told you that??

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Just now, Enderman said:

LOL who the heck told you that??

It really isn't? Thanks for letting me know, do you recommend any sites to buy it from besides the MS store?

Just now, Slaxc said:

It really isn't? Thanks for letting me know, do you recommend any sites to buy it from besides the MS store?

Reddit microsoft software swap is better than g2a/kinguin.

You can also just use windows 10 for free if you want, just don't activate it.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

Reddit microsoft software swap is better than g2a/kinguin.

You can also just use windows 10 for free if you want, just don't activate it.

What do you mean don't activate it? I'm new to this stuff, this is my first pc build and I came from a garbo console lol. 1) Where do I get it for free 2) How do I get that on a new PC

Just now, Slaxc said:

What do you mean don't activate it? I'm new to this stuff, this is my first pc build and I came from a garbo console lol. 1) Where do I get it for free 2) How do I get that on a new PC

You just download windows from microsoft and install it................

https://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

Just don't activate it with a key. What don't you understand?

Spoiler

If you want Win10 without all the extraneous crap (bing, store, live tiles, etc) get LTSB instead

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

You only need Pro if you need features like bitlocker, remote desktop, domain tools, group policy, etc.

So you don't need it I'm willing to bet. There's no performance boost.

Get a legit key from either the Microsoft Store or r/microsoftsoftwareswap

Download the Media Creation Tool

You need a 4GB flash drive to download the Windows Installer onto

Boot your computer with the USB drive and follow the instructions from there.

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

Be sure to quote me if you want me to reply!

Just now, kagarium said:

You only need Pro if you need features like bitlocker, remote desktop, domain tools, group policy, etc.

Thank you 

Just now, Slaxc said:

Thank you 

Glad to help.

Currently majoring in computer networking. That's about it yeah. Not much goes on in my life.

1 minute ago, kagarium said:

If i buy from this guy for the 40$ I should be fine right?

1 minute ago, Slaxc said:
-snip-

Yes, should be fine.

Just now, kagarium said:

Yes, should be fine.

Alright thanks a ton :)

5 hours ago, Slaxc said:

Why not? You get something you will be using daily for 8 years for less than you pay for CPU or GPU.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎04‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 3:47 AM, Slaxc said:

I'm almost completed with my pc build but still need Windows 10 Pro, I was looking at some sites such as Kinguin but not too sure if they're safe or not. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to buy Windows 10 Pro for a good price and not get screwed over?

Another question, how do I take a Windows 10 Key and get that on a new pc? I think I need to get it onto a flashdrive but 1) How do I do that and 2) How big does the flashdrive need to be?

Get yourself a Windows 7 Pro key and activate it with Windows 10. See the threat in a Thread and my comments, maybe it can help you also ;)

On 10/3/2017 at 9:53 PM, Slaxc said:

I think you can defer non security updates for a certain period of time. I think like two weeks. So like if a big feature update gets pushed to your system you can delay when its going to be installed. Plus you got bitlocker encryption and the ability to join a domain. Personally I dont feel pro is worth if for a standard user. 

Also $120 gets you the Home version directly from Microsoft. Which is about a legit as you can get. You might be able to find OEM copies online for like $80 or $90. Any thing cheaper than that is going to mostly be grey market keys. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn.