Found some Xbox games that were thrown away

GitGud
Go to solution Solved by Valkyrie Lenneth,
2 minutes ago, GitGud said:

So then the 360 games should just run from get go in offline mode on a Xbox 360, and if one has Xlive sub service, will he be able to play these games wihtout any autentification BS ? Talking solely on found games, not brand new bought.

if u have a disc, and xlive it should just be able to play online aslong ur logged into ur account that has xlive  o,o u can burrow a disc from a friend and play that online too

the only authentication is ur xlive account ,   unless a game requires a specific activation such as world of warcraft timecards , it should run just fine :)

pst u checking gamestop dumpsters or smt? :D

I found few both OG Xbox and 360 games pretty much in trash, dont even ask me on detail how i found em. Discs seem to be in good condition with very minimal scratches. Question i have will these games just work on Xbox 360, importantly will old first Xbox games run in back compat mode on it ? Are there any codes needed for activation or something on Xbox Live like it is on PC ? Will MP work in such games ?

Simply Xbox platform is completely alien to me, so pardon for my noobish questions.

i dont think the x360 has backward compatibility

x one has it however > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

u could play the x360 games on a xone as far i know

the standard xbox can only rly run xbox games

to play online u need an xbox live subscription like ps network

(◑‿◐)

28 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

i dont think the x360 has backward compatibility

x one has it however > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_games_compatible_with_Xbox_360

u could play the x360 games on a xone as far i know

the standard xbox can only rly run xbox games

to play online u need an xbox live subscription like ps network

So then the 360 games should just run from get go in offline mode on a Xbox 360, and if one has Xlive sub service, will he be able to play these games wihtout any autentification BS ? Talking solely on found games, not brand new bought.

2 minutes ago, GitGud said:

if u have a disc, and xlive it should just be able to play online aslong ur logged into ur account that has xlive  o,o u can burrow a disc from a friend and play that online too

the only authentication is ur xlive account ,   unless a game requires a specific activation such as world of warcraft timecards , it should run just fine :)

(◑‿◐)

27 minutes ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

No Gamestop here in Latvia, just ordinary dumpsters LOL

And thnx for the info appreciated

The XBox 360 does have backwards compatibility with lots of XBox games. I used to play XBox versions of GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas, and Halo 2 on my 360.