My mobo cpu socket pins are bent,Can i fix them on my own? Or Should i get a new cpu socket for my mobo?

Whatsup guys,

Arjun here^

I am having an biostar h55 hd mobo.My mobo cpu socket pins are bent,

• Can i fix them on my own?

OR

• Should i get a new cpu socket for my mobo?

I showed my cpu socket to the pc repair dealer near my house he said, "These bent pins of cpu socket cannot be repaired.You have to buy a whole new mobo."

Is he right or he is just making me fool?And one last thing too.

My computer is also not turning on can these bent cpu socket pins be an reason of not turning on of my computer.

Please tell me by replying below.?

How many are bent?

If it's a bunch, then you need a whole new board. If it's a couple pins and you're VERY gentle with a knife, you might be able to bend them back.

Yes, bent pins can definitely stop a PC from booting.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

How many are bent?

If it's a bunch, then you need a whole new board. If it's a couple pins and you're VERY gentle with a knife, you might be able to bend them back.

Linus did a video of this. He was able to get it to work. If you can fix it you should try. No harm done if you cannot fix it. If you can’t get e new motherboard or it may be time to upgrade. A sign from the computer gods.

Just now, Lurick said:

How many are bent?

I have captured an image of my cpu socket but i am not able to attach it.It is a linustech forums bug!

Just now, Judd said:

Linus did a video of this. He was able to get it to work. If you can fix it you should try. No harm done if you cannot fix it. If you can’t get e new motherboard or it may be time to upgrade. A sign from the computer gods.

It' s really a sign from computer gods as mobo is 5-7 yrs old.I have seen the video of linus alreday and tried to make the bent pins of my cpu socket correct.But my pc did'nt booted up.

23 minutes ago, Arjun Sharma said:

I have captured an image of my cpu socket but i am not able to attach it.It is a linustech forums bug!

just use imgur or any other image hosting...

i7 4790K | 4.5ghz @1.19v / 1080 ti strix oc  / Asus Z97 Pro Gamer  / 970 Evo 500GB | 850 Evo 500GB / Corsair 780t white|window  

PG279Q | VG248QE/ Corsair ax860i   /   Corsair H110i GTX   /  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 2400mhz /

The tip of the pin has to be evenly space out between the other ones, so when the cpu is installed that broken pin won't be touching the same cpu contacts as the others around it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Can you still seat the CPU in the correct way (all the way down over the pins)? Bent pins are generally not that hard to fix, you can even fix pins that are completely pulled out. Make sure that everything is as clean and dust free as possible and carefully seat the CPU the right way and gently lock it in place. MAKE SURE IT IS ALL THE WAY DOWN

Wi RoZ