Case has no front bay??

UselessChimp

I recently purchased the corsair air 740 and I am loving it, it is by far my favourite case to date (as I have previously had low-quality cases) however after recently purchasing new fans i have noticed that they are running at max RMP all the time, my MOBO only has 1 fan header and thus I need a fan controller, however I can't seem to find where on the case I am able to mount one??

any help is appreciated :)

3 minutes ago, UselessChimp said:

I recently purchased the corsair air 740 and I am loving it, it is by far my favourite case to date (as I have previously had low-quality cases) however after recently purchasing new fans i have noticed that they are running at max RMP all the time, my MOBO only has 1 fan header and thus I need a fan controller, however I can't seem to find where on the case I am able to mount one??

any help is appreciated :)

you can get internal fan controllers like NZXT grid and control it from software..

Have you tried to perform a sudden temporary interrupt of the electricity flow to your computational device followed by a re-initialization procedure of the central processing unit and associated components?

Personal Rig Specs

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.8GHZ
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z270H GAMING
Graphics Card: Inno3D ICHILL GEFORCE GTX 1080 TI X3 ULTRA
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2x8GB @ 3GHZ
Storage: 2 x Samsung NVMe SSD 960 EVO 256GB in Raid | 2 x Seagate 4TB Expansion Desktop 

(seagates are originally external drives removed from casing and installed internally)
PSU: Seasonic Prime Titanium 850W 
Case: Mission SG GGX 3.5 (same as Rosewill Cullinan or Anidees AI Crystal with other stock fans)
Cooling: Kraken X62 for CPU, Corsair H55 with NZXT Kraken G12 for GPU 

Just now, UselessChimp said:

thanks for the suggestion, love the budget-centred price, where in the case does the controller install?

Wherever you want although personally I'd mount it on the back of the motherboard tray or if you have a PSU cover underneath that.

Just now, spat55 said:

Wherever you want although personally I'd mount it on the back of the motherboard tray or if you have a PSU cover underneath that.

thanks! :)

Just now, UselessChimp said:

thanks! :)

If you only have a few fans you can always just get fan splitters, run say 2-3 fans off one header, just be careful to not overload it.

6 minutes ago, spat55 said:

If you only have a few fans you can always just get fan splitters, run say 2-3 fans off one header, just be careful to not overload it.

yeah I'm having issues with the fans running at 100% all the time and they don't show up in software such as speedfan

I use the Corsair Commander Pro and I have it mounted in the space behind the motherboard tray. You can hook up as many as six fans to it, or more if you want to use a fan splitter cable. This allows you to use the Corsair Link 4 software to control your fan curves and profiles, as well as RGB settings should you choose. I currently have eight fans in my Air 740. I can take a picture to show you how I have all of my controllers mounted in my system once I get home in about an hour.

Main System-

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PCMR Limited Edition

Motherboard: Asus X570 Crosshair VIII Hero WiFi

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X

GPU: Asus GeForce RTX 2080Ti Strix OC

RAM: 4x16GB (64GB) G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 @ 3600MHz/C16

Storage: 1x Samsung 970 Evo 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD (OS), 4x Samsung 860 Evo 2TB SATA SSD

PSU: EVGA Supernova G3 1000

Cooling: Custom Loop, EKWB Quantum Velocity Copper/Plexi w/ D-RGB Upgrade Kit and Black Frame, EKWB Quantum Vector Strix Nickel/Acetal D-RGB w/ EKWB Strix Backplate in Black, Watercool MO-RA3 420 LT (180-200mm Fan Mount, Classic Black Grill High Version, Wall Mounting Bracket, Heatkiller Tube Mounting Bracket, PCIe Slot Terminal Adapter), Heatkiller Tube 200 w/ EKWB D5 PWM Pump, Bitspower Fittings, 6x EKWB Vardar X3M D-RGB 120mm Fans, 4x Noctua NF-A20 Chromax 200mm Fans, EKWB ZMT Tubing, EKWB HD-PETG Tubing

ITX System-

Case: NCase M1 V6.1

Motherboard: Asus X570 ROG Crosshair VIII Impact 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080Ti Founders Edition

RAM: 2x16GB (32GB) G.Skill Trident Z Neo @ 3600MHz/C16

Storage: 1x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB NVMe m.2 SSD (OS), 1x Samsung 860 Evo 2TB m.2 SSD (Storage)

PSU: EVGA Supernova 650 GM (SFX)

Cooling: Custom Loop, Watercool Heatkiller IV Pro Black Copper (AM4), Watercool Heatkiller IV RTX 2080Ti Acetal Nickel w/ Black Backplate, 2x XSPC TX240 Radiators, Iceman Cooling Ice P5 Pump/Reservoir Combo, Bitspower Fittings, EKWB ZMT Tubing

On 9/30/2017 at 4:14 PM, spat55 said:

You can get PWM fan controllers that work via software. 

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/phanteks-pwm-fan-hub-black-ca-009-pt.html

On 9/30/2017 at 4:16 PM, UselessChimp said:

thanks for the suggestion, love the budget-centred price, where in the case does the controller install?

Back of the motherboard is best, you can see where I have it placed here, its super small so it will fit behind the tray without interfering with anything. 

20170521_204250.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25