Note 8, S7 or S9

Hi boys,

I currently own the S7, but it is nearly dead. Do I upgrade to the Note 8 now, or wait 'til it's completely dead, or wait until iphone X launch to hope for lower prices. Another option is to wait out for the S9, next march time, and live off a brick until then

chrs 

There is an ancient Chinese saying " Pick your phone better than you pick your wife", and I truly believe it.  The Note 8 is an Amazing phone, If I had the slightest excuse to irresponsibly purchase it, I would.  (using a working S6 edge +).

So the question isn't should you get one.  It's what color do you want it to be :D

If you want the Note 8 go for it. You could also wait for the supposed Galaxy X which is supposed to come out before the s9 (well use suppose loosely, rumors)

54 minutes ago, ThomasPham said:

There is an ancient Chinese saying " Pick your phone better than you pick your wife", and I truly believe it.  The Note 8 is an Amazing phone, If I had the slightest excuse to irresponsibly purchase it, I would.  (using a working S6 edge +).

So the question isn't should you get one.  It's what color do you want it to be :D

Ahah perfect ? 

50 minutes ago, Abyss Gaming said:

If you want the Note 8 go for it. You could also wait for the supposed Galaxy X which is supposed to come out before the s9 (well use suppose loosely, rumors)

Never heard of it but I'll read up about rumours thanks!

1 hour ago, OliverBryant said:

iphone X launch to hope for lower prices.

iPhones never ever go down in price until they are outdated, especially with the iPhone X. You will probably be paying over retail for one of these because production still hasn't started and there are reported to be under a million of them produced for the entire world on launch. To add to that the iPhone 8 sales are doing very poorly, so it appears that everyone is waiting for the iPhone X and are willing to pay the price (including me). Personally if you don't want to spend $1000-$1150 on a phone get the S8+. Note 8 I would only get if you like the massive size because at $950 it's basically the same price as the iPhone X

How the hell do you wear out an S7 that quickly? 

If it's the battery, just have that replaced.  No need to throw away an otherwise perfectly good phone.  Slap a different launcher or a custom ROM on it if you want to have something new to play around with.

5 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

iPhones never ever go down in price until they are outdated, especially with the iPhone X. You will probably be paying over retail for one of these because production still hasn't started and there are reported to be under a million of them produced for the entire world on launch. To add to that the iPhone 8 sales are doing very poorly, so it appears that everyone is waiting for the iPhone X and are willing to pay the price (including me). Personally if you don't want to spend $1000-$1150 on a phone get the S8+. Note 8 I would only get if you like the massive size because at $950 it's basically the same price as the iPhone X

Was more wondering if retailers will drop the prices of the note 8 say to try make it more apealing? Bigger the phone the better ?

5 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

How the hell do you wear out an S7 that quickly? 

If it's the battery, just have that replaced.  No need to throw away an otherwise perfectly good phone.  Slap a different launcher or a custom ROM on it if you want to have something new to play around with.

Its runnin like a brick from 2007 - battery life is terrible and it hardly charges without overheating. Very worried about it going kaboom sometimes.

Hi boys,

I currently own the S7, but it is nearly dead. Do I upgrade to the Note 8 now, or wait 'til it's completely dead, or wait until iphone X launch to hope for lower prices. Another option is to wait out for the S9, next march time, and live off a brick until then

chrs 

Why s7 though? i mean... i got the edge , i simply dont get it :/ 

Go for that note 8 btw! its a great phone but s8+  is good as well so... dem looks maybe ur after for? the price? the feels?

Now... im not gonna talk about iphones solely because i hate apple , im an android famfan so if ur looking for an overly informative non-self-prospective opinion then you shouldnt take my word ( Although lets face it , apple SUX!)

Its runnin like a brick from 2007 - battery life is terrible and it hardly charges without overheating. Very worried about it going kaboom sometimes.

when ur saying s7 do u mean the samsung galaxy s7 ??? cuz that phone came out in 2016 not 2007....

23 minutes ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

when ur saying s7 do u mean the samsung galaxy s7 ??? cuz that phone came out in 2016 not 2007....

Is this a joke...

9 hours ago, OliverBryant said:

im rly baffled... i will assume that the ''s7'' ur talking about is not the thing that ''was runnin like a brick since 2007''

perhaps u mean a differet phone about that circumstance or ur talking about a completely different phone.... instead of giving me hints u could just say ''yeah i dont mean the s7 / s7 edge bec these phones came out in 2016 march or sth , im talking about something different when im saying <<it has been runnin like a brick since 2007>> '' 

14 hours ago, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

English isn't your first language is it? 

He is not saying that his phone is literally from 9 years ago. He is saying that it performs like if it was 9 years old. 

OP I would try and get your S7 working again before going out and buying a brand new phone. The things you described could all be software related. Do a factory reset and don't install a bunch of apps ok it straight away. If the problem is gone then it's caused by either some bug that you happened to get, or it was caused by one of the apps you had installed. 

Try getting your S7 back up to snuff. It's not that old and it should still be a perfectly reliable phone.

If all else fails, get the Note8 on a deal. I wouldn't recommend buying one at full price but on a sweet deal, it's hard to pass up.

I own one and as Android phones go, this one is fantastic.

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

On 29/9/2017 at 8:56 PM, GirvanaWantsBinnieBalls said:

i mean... HECK! unless u had a 9 year early access.. then i dunno...

On 30/9/2017 at 10:48 AM, LAwLz said:

English isn't your first language is it? 

He is not saying that his phone is literally from 9 years ago. He is saying that it performs like if it was 9 years old. 

OP I would try and get your S7 working again before going out and buying a brand new phone. The things you described could all be software related. Do a factory reset and don't install a bunch of apps ok it straight away. If the problem is gone then it's caused by either some bug that you happened to get, or it was caused by one of the apps you had installed. 

i know he isnt saying that ... its prob not ur first lang either bec i was clearly being ironic (e.g. *check the first quote in this reply*) to him and you prob didnt understand the phrase i used... 

I'll clear this up as some people are unable to understand that it's quite obvious that the S7 isn't a 9 year old phone...

I was saying it runs like a Nokia 8210 or something of the like, back in 2007.

Without trying to be rude it's quite hard to see how it was thought that I had the S7 since 2007...

On 9/30/2017 at 7:30 PM, D13H4RD2L1V3 said:

Try getting your S7 back up to snuff. It's not that old and it should still be a perfectly reliable phone.

If all else fails, get the Note8 on a deal. I wouldn't recommend buying one at full price but on a sweet deal, it's hard to pass up.

I own one and as Android phones go, this one is fantastic.

That's probably best mate, you in America though - It's so much more in the UK ,and hardly ever have deals on :(