Need suggestions for gaming pc.

ErykYT3

I'm posting this on my birthday so Happy Birthday to me XD!

Anyway, i have what i believe to be a suitable budget of £1,300 for a gaming pc. After coming up a parts list i found out about Coffelake and it being available pretty soon, And with that i decided to wait for it and heard that it releases on like the 5th of October or something and was wondering how this would affect the whole build, Apparently you need a new motherboard for these CPU's. I'll post the parts list here and some of my preferences, Intel only, i7, 2TB storage and ssd (250GB?) Asus GTX 1070 and would prefer for the MB to be from Asus too for the aura sync on both. 

It's a pretty rubbish list to be honest, it's unfinished and i don't know what monitor i'm getting or even how i'm going to get an OS on it.

Case is already bought and is an NZXT S340 Elite.

I know that it's not much to go on but i myself don't really know what i'm doing. xD

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mQ9Qr7

1 hour ago, ErykYT3 said:

Anyway, i have what i believe to be a suitable budget of £1,300 for a gaming pc. After coming up a parts list i found out about Coffelake and it being available pretty soon, And with that i decided to wait for it and heard that it releases on like the 5th of October or something and was wondering how this would affect the whole build, Apparently you need a new motherboard for these CPU's. I'll post the parts list here and some of my preferences, Intel only, i7, 2TB storage and ssd (256GB?) Asus GTX 1070 and would prefer for the MB to be from Asus too for the aura sync on both. 

It's a pretty rubbish list to be honest, it's unfinished and i don't know what monitor i'm getting or even how i'm going to get an OS on it.

I know that it's not much to go on but i myself don't really know what i'm doing. xD

Looks good

Edited by wkdpaul
cleaned up

Do u have a partslist on pcpartpicker or something, or should I make one?

Just now, 3NMa said:

Do u have a partslist on pcpartpicker or something, or should I make one?

I edited my post and added one but i would appreciate another one to see where i could have gone wrong and what could be improved so yeah.

**YES**

Looks like a good build honestly. Just remember the 7700k does not have a CPU cooler. Also, despite what the other person said, Ryzen is not "cancer" and performs rather well in games. The 7700k is currently the best for gaming, but Ryzen over clocked does not fall too far behind honestly. But it is mostly a production/multi-task CPU.

If you plan on overclocking the i7 I would recommend an AIO or really good air cooler, it does get quite hot. Otherwise good build.

And happy birthday ^^

If u have a 1300 budget u can afford a 1080 and a good noctua air cooler. U need that for the cpu

1 minute ago, Syn Messer said:

Looks like a good build honestly. Just remember the 7700k does not have a CPU cooler. Also, despite what the other person said, Ryzen is not "cancer" and performs rather well in games. The 7700k is currently the best for gaming, but Ryzen over clocked does not fall too far behind honestly. But it is mostly a production/multi-task CPU.

If you plan on overclocking the i7 I would recommend an AIO or really good air cooler, it does get quite hot. Otherwise good build.

And happy birthday ^^

Thanks, and i know that the 7700k doesn't have a cooler (thanks to pcpartpicker compatibility checks) and i didn't include one since i don't really know anything about them and which ones are good.

With the 1300 pound budget I would get a 1080 and a good noctua air cooler. As @Syn Messer said u need that for the cpu for it doesn't come with one

Just now, 3NMa said:

If u have a 1300 budget u can afford a 1080 and a good noctua air cooler. U need that for the cpu

Mhmm, I've seen some builds for a similar price with a 1080 but by sacrificing things such as the Hard drive among other things, It's difficult for me since I have a gaming laptop and don't have parts that others would have such as the monitor for example which needs to be bought or the PSU.

19 minutes ago, ErykYT3 said:

Anyway, i have what i believe to be a suitable budget of £1,300 for a gaming pc. After coming up a parts list i found out about Coffelake and it being available pretty soon, And with that i decided to wait for it and heard that it releases on like the 5th of October or something and was wondering how this would affect the whole build, Apparently you need a new motherboard for these CPU's. I'll post the parts list here and some of my preferences, Intel only, i7, 2TB storage and ssd (250GB?) Asus GTX 1070 and would prefer for the MB to be from Asus too for the aura sync on both. 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mQ9Qr7

Happy birthday :D

In terms of your pc, i would go for this: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/N6bfQV

Features an asus mobo paired with an asus strix 1080, though the asus 1080 costs 80£ more than some other 1080's, which means i was at your budget before adding a cpu cooler. I added the ever-reliable hyper 212 evo, but it probably wont be enough for overclocking. Its up to you really, this is what id puch though. You can also drop the 500gb ssd and get a 2tb hdd with a 250 or 128gb ssd, maybe save some money and put it towards a beefier cooler.

Anyway, happy birthday and good luck!

-Lukas

1000$ PC: CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.6ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3 RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6gb G1 gaming Storage: 2tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm PSU: Corsair Vengeance 550m Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ cherry mx browns Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310

21 minutes ago, Fluffybakon said:

Happy birthday :D

In terms of your pc, i would go for this: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/N6bfQV

Features an asus mobo paired with an asus strix 1080, though the asus 1080 costs 80£ more than some other 1080's, which means i was at your budget before adding a cpu cooler. I added the ever-reliable hyper 212 evo, but it probably wont be enough for overclocking. Its up to you really, this is what id puch though. You can also drop the 500gb ssd and get a 2tb hdd with a 250 or 128gb ssd, maybe save some money and put it towards a beefier cooler.

Anyway, happy birthday and good luck!

-Lukas

Wow, Thanks for that. I think was looking at a 2TB hard drive and an ssd of 250gb or something, just to install the OS and some games. It's a great list but as i had said previously, I don't have a monitor (well i do but it's like 13 years old...) So i will probably stick with the 1070 but everything else was good apart from the cooler which you said to change since it's not enough for overclocking which i am aware of. But this is something i can look at if i do decide to save money and go for something better. It is a strict budget and by that i mean that nothing over 1300. since there are other things i need to get and was actually hoping for the build to be at 1200 or 1250. I'm not saying that your list is bad, I appreciate every reply and everyone's help and i will take it all into consideration so thank you!

11 hours ago, ErykYT3 said:

Wow, Thanks for that. I think was looking at a 2TB hard drive and an ssd of 250gb or something, just to install the OS and some games. It's a great list but as i had said previously, I don't have a monitor (well i do but it's like 13 years old...) So i will probably stick with the 1070 but everything else was good apart from the cooler which you said to change since it's not enough for overclocking which i am aware of. But this is something i can look at if i do decide to save money and go for something better. It is a strict budget and by that i mean that nothing over 1300. since there are other things i need to get and was actually hoping for the build to be at 1200 or 1250. I'm not saying that your list is bad, I appreciate every reply and everyone's help and i will take it all into consideration so thank you!

Hello again, 

My apologies, I was unaware of all the requirements, ive gone and redone the list and here we are: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/v6xdZ8. The whole build costs 1290£, has a 1080p 24" 1ms monitor, a 250gb ssd with a 2tb storage drive, a 1070, a 7700k, and a be quiet! Dark rock 3, which should enable you to overclock. If your looking to get the price down even further, then you can swap out the 250gb ssd for a 128 or something. Anyway, good luck, hope this helped :D

-Lukas

1000$ PC: CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @3.6ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming-3 RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 6gb G1 gaming Storage: 2tb Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm PSU: Corsair Vengeance 550m Case: NZXT S340 Black/Red Keyboard: Corsair Strafe w/ cherry mx browns Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310

On 9/28/2017 at 8:02 AM, Fluffybakon said:

Hello again, 

My apologies, I was unaware of all the requirements, ive gone and redone the list and here we are: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/v6xdZ8. The whole build costs 1290£, has a 1080p 24" 1ms monitor, a 250gb ssd with a 2tb storage drive, a 1070, a 7700k, and a be quiet! Dark rock 3, which should enable you to overclock. If your looking to get the price down even further, then you can swap out the 250gb ssd for a 128 or something. Anyway, good luck, hope this helped :D

-Lukas

Thanks, Much appreciated! 

Mhmm, the price of the 7700k has changed quite a lot since i started looking at it on amazon a month ago... Dropped by like £200 i think XD.