USB Tether To Router

WhiteBoiDancer

I live in the sticks with my parents. I am 16. I pretty much have control over our internet setup. I am a gamer. I HAVE to game off my phone because the Latency on Hughesnet is HORRID. I'm talking 5k ping AT BEST. This is b/c it's satellite which you prob already know.

What I am trying to do it be able to have my Gaming PC/Server hand in hand b/c I want to do auto backups to the server. But at the same time I want to be able to access the web and it would be awesome if I can just come home and hookup my phone via the usb cable to my router.

Btw. Regarding the Data ToS I have the thethering plan. Along with 10gigs of data usage. I have been gaming off of it for months now.

Yes it's possible.

It entirely depends on what router and phone you have.

Yes you can, but there is a 1/1000 chance that the router you have can support tethering.

I know that dd-wrt is still in the process of making the whole thing work, so not much hopes there.

Many routers do support that, but its mostly a very short list of devices and mostly 3G modems and not phones.

The only router ive come across that works well with 3G stuff is a Mikrotik.

You can go about it this way: Tether the phone to the gaming pc and share the connection to the server, you get high speed transfers to the server and it gets internet if it needs to and the gaming pc also has internet. You could probably also set the router to have the tethered connection as its gateway and give the router internet through your gaming pc or server, depends on which computer you want to use as the tether.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

What cable/wire do you suggest to link the server and gaming pc?

Use a normal Cat5e or Cat6, but to connect pc-pc it has to be a crossover cable (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_crossover_cable), you can buy those premade in any store, they usually have a label on them indicating that its a crossover cable.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

you dont need a router to tether to your computer depending on your phone i can tether over usb cable and over Bluetooth check your phone it may support this

CPU: i7 3770k 4.5ghz M/Board: Sabertooth Z77 GPU: Asus Gtx 560 Direct CUii OC RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Veangance PSU: Corsair CX600 Cooler: Custome Water Loop With Gentle typhoon 1850rpm fan, Single 120mm Rad, XSPC Raystorm CPU Block