Questions about radiors, sorry I'm a noob

Hello everyone and thank you for reading this. 

I have a question, I bought a 240 radiators and a 360 radiators. Unfortunately the 240 doesn't have any room for fans, should I keep it or return it. Please help

I'm planning on using for my rendering PC

It has a Asus rampage 10 edition and i7-6900 k

Asus 1080 ti Poseidon. I want over clock them, so I can render faster. Thank you 

What are you rendering and what program are you using? Depending on the file size and type as well as program, you may have overbuilt a bit.

I also don't understand what you are asking in your question, if you have a radiator that works, then use it. I guess I don't understand why you are talking about two radiator sizes in this.

I'm pretty sure without the fans a radiator is useless, since thats what cools the liquid.

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

2 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

I'm pretty sure without the fans a radiator is useless, since thats what cools the liquid.

It would still cool do to the circulation of the liquid, it would just have a higher thermal equilibrium and reach equilibrium faster.

Absolutely no room for even slim fans?

Scythe slipstreams are 12mm thick, akasa has 15mm thick fans and i think cryorig has 13mm thick models.

3 hours ago, sun2 said:

What case do you got?

I have a Corsair 570x, beautiful case but for it leave not room for full ATX motherboard.

3 hours ago, sl06bhytmar said:

Absolutely no room for even slim fans?

Scythe slipstreams are 12mm thick, akasa has 15mm thick fans and i think cryorig has 13mm thick models.

I'm trying to mod the case to fit the fan but the Corsair 570x deoesnt have much head room for ATX. 

Well a Crystal Series 570X should fit a ATX and those radiators: Front: 120/240/280/360mm  Top: 240mm  Rear: 120mm. So:

• 360mm: Front only
  • 280mm: Front only
  • 240mm: Front or Top
  • 120mm: Front, Top, or Rear

So a 360 rad in front and 240 rad in the top would work on paper.

Dont know which radiators you got, and what loop your planned to do. But you could get thinner radiators and/or fans.

11 minutes ago, sun2 said:

Well a Crystal Series 570X should fit a ATX and those radiators: Front: 120/240/280/360mm  Top: 240mm  Rear: 120mm. So:

• 360mm: Front only
  • 280mm: Front only
  • 240mm: Front or Top
  • 120mm: Front, Top, or Rear

So a 360 rad in front and 240 rad in the top would work on paper.

Dont know which radiators you got, and what loop your planned to do. But you could get thinner radiators and/or fans.

The main problem is the motherboard, the heat pipes are stopping fans from being install. I have a slim radiator

If the 240mm radiator is normal thickness you can grab a slim rad like a HWLabs 240 GTS & slim fans instead and it would take up the same amount of space.. Having 240 without fans wont hurt it since you have a 360 with fans but it wont add any benefits.

Which radiator did you buy?

12 minutes ago, bboy_leogun said:

The main problem is the motherboard, the heat pipes are stopping fans from being install. I have a slim radiator

You're right @ 15:45 same problem.

You could still do it and use 1 fan for the 240rad in the top. Or only use the 360 rad in front. Or you could use 120 rads in the rear or top.

If you really want to overclock and have good temps. Then use the 240 rad for the extra cooling. But if you care about looks and volume, then imho dont use the 240mm rad. But that's something you would have to decide for yourself.

Find it pretty the disturbing that the case in combination with that kind of motherboard kills off top radiator possiblities. Perhaps bad design from either Corsair or Asus.

Anyway good luck with it.

4 hours ago, bboy_leogun said:

Look for a mono block, idk if there where any made for that board, but a mono block should solve that issue. 

Yours faithfully