I'm a truck driver, I want a gaming laptop. Need help.

Haxosaur

Short and sweet: gtx 1080 + i7700 + 120hz display.....for a laptop. Does it exist around 2500 dollars? Does it exist at all?

I'm a over the road truck driver and on my limited downtime between driving from California to Maryland and Pennsylvania and Oregon... I want to relax with a quality gaming experience.  I want to play LoL, WoW and CS:go   on ultra high settings as well as record gameplay and stream.

Can someone please help me? Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Is battery life a issue

Not one bit.

5 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Indeed.

https://www.newegg.com/120Hz-Screen-Gaming-Laptops/EventSaleStore/ID-943?SrchInDesc=1070&PageSize=36&order=BESTMATCH

You have some choices at that price-point.  As stated battery life will be an issue, but then you'll have 110AC in the sleeper right?

Between charging it at trucks tops and in my sleeper, I don't expect any problems.

Are you experienced with the tech? Which of these would you recommend for me?

I don't have any experience in this area, I just want a quality purchase. 

4 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Indeed.

https://www.newegg.com/120Hz-Screen-Gaming-Laptops/EventSaleStore/ID-943?SrchInDesc=1070&PageSize=36&order=BESTMATCH

You have some choices at that price-point.  As stated battery life will be an issue, but then you'll have 110AC in the sleeper right?

If it has that in the sleeper can you bring a PC in there?

also get this then if the pc is no

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01MU3A863/?ie=UTF8&tag=datarecoverye-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

My life

Just now, Haxosaur said:

Between charging it at trucks tops and in my sleeper, I don't expect any problems.

Are you experienced with the tech? Which of these would you recommend for me?

I don't have any experience in this area, I just want a quality purchase. 

None of them are bad, but gaming laptops like this have a few drawbacks. 

They are big.

They are heavy.

They are LOUD.

If you don't want to buy a small form PC and monitor that you can break out when you park, then this is still the best bet to get the performance you are looking for.

I have had success with Gigabyte in the past for Motherboards and GPUs.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B01MU3A863/?ie=UTF8&tag=datarecoverye-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

I cant fit or tote a pc and monitor around in my cabin. A laptop had to suffice. 

Just now, Haxosaur said:

I cant fit or tote a pc and monitor around in my cabin. A laptop had to suffice. 

ok

get the alienware

My life

5 minutes ago, Himommies said:

If you go to Dell's website, you can configure the 17" model to a 1080, 16GB RAM and a 7820HK with a 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD for ~$2400

Edited by seon123
Messed up i7 version

:)

4 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

None of them are bad, but gaming laptops like this have a few drawbacks. 

They are big.

They are heavy.

They are LOUD.

If you don't want to buy a small form PC and monitor that you can break out when you park, then this is still the best bet to get the performance you are looking for.

I have had success with Gigabyte in the past for Motherboards and GPUs.

Good luck and stay safe out there.

Lol. 

I can handle loud. Ever been to a truck stop parking lot? So much noise pollution!

thank you so much for the advice! I honestly appreciate it!

36 minutes ago, seon123 said:

If you go to Dell's website, you can configure the 17" model to a 1080, 16GB RAM and a 7820HK with a 128GB SSD and 1TB HDD for ~$2400

I'm dumb... can you post me the configure link you're talking about?

8 minutes ago, Haxosaur said:

I'm dumb... can you post me the configure link you're talking about?

Not sure if this link will work for you, but http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/cty/alienware-17/spd/alienware-17-laptop/dkcwkblg0744?selectionState=eyJGUHJpY2UiOjI0NDkuOTksIk9DIjoiZGtjd2tibGcwNzQ0IiwiUXR5IjoxLCJNb2RzIjpbeyJJZCI6MywiT3B0cyI6W3siSWQiOiIxNkcyNDAwIiwiUHJpY2UiOjIwMC4wfV19LHsiSWQiOjgsIk9wdHMiOlt7IklkIjoiMTI4MVRCIiwiUHJpY2UiOjEwMC4wfV19XX0%3D

If it doesn't work, go to dell.com, 

laptops,

for home,

Alienware laptops,

Alienware 17,

view all configurations,

choose customize and buy for the $2300 one,

tech specs,

components,

choose 16GB 2400MHz RAM, choose the "free" upgrade to "128GB M.2 SATA 6Gb/s SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)", and you should be set.

Sorry I this became messy, I'm on mobile right now, so formatting is a PITA

:)

2 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

Seems like the Alienware 17 is winning the battle, here is our video on it.  I wrote the script so let me know if you have any questions, but as far as bonkers laptops go it's pretty sweet.

...So it's you!

Youre the one who produces all those cringeworthy puns!  Good grief! I love to hate them! Lmao.

Okay. So my Only concern is the display. You mention it's TN display. I hope I'm not nitpicking...but is that something I should worry about in the long run?

And, if I get this model will I be able to hook it up to a Predator external monitor? ( (I'll have a external monitor and keyboard waiting for me for my home time off the truck). 

Thanks for for all the help. This website has saved me so much headache.

2 hours ago, seon123 said:

Not sure if this link will work for you, but http://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/cty/alienware-17/spd/alienware-17-laptop/dkcwkblg0744?selectionState=eyJGUHJpY2UiOjI0NDkuOTksIk9DIjoiZGtjd2tibGcwNzQ0IiwiUXR5IjoxLCJNb2RzIjpbeyJJZCI6MywiT3B0cyI6W3siSWQiOiIxNkcyNDAwIiwiUHJpY2UiOjIwMC4wfV19LHsiSWQiOjgsIk9wdHMiOlt7IklkIjoiMTI4MVRCIiwiUHJpY2UiOjEwMC4wfV19XX0%3D

If it doesn't work, go to dell.com, 

laptops,

for home,

Alienware laptops,

Alienware 17,

view all configurations,

choose customize and buy for the $2300 one,

tech specs,

components,

choose 16GB 2400MHz RAM, choose the "free" upgrade to "128GB M.2 SATA 6Gb/s SSD (Boot) + 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage)", and you should be set.

Sorry I this became messy, I'm on mobile right now, so formatting is a PITA

No apologies necessary!

This is everything I could hope for. And I'm on mobile too, which is why I couldn't find it probably. 

The link worked. I'm going to get this machine, I do believe.

man thank you guys so much!

12 minutes ago, Haxosaur said:

...So it's you!

Youre the one who produces all those cringeworthy puns!  Good grief! I love to hate them! Lmao.

Okay. So my Only concern is the display. You mention it's TN display. I hope I'm not nitpicking...but is that something I should worry about in the long run?

And, if I get this model will I be able to hook it up to a Predator external monitor? ( (I'll have a external monitor and keyboard waiting for me for my home time off the truck). 

Thanks for for all the help. This website has saved me so much headache.

I wouldn't worry about it being TN.  I feel like TN panels get a bad wrap because they are used on really cheap products, but a good ones are awesome for gaming.  Don't see why you couldn't hook it up to a monitor and such if you felt so compelled.

16 minutes ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

I wouldn't worry about it being TN.  I feel like TN panels get a bad wrap because they are used on really cheap products, but a good ones are awesome for gaming.  Don't see why you couldn't hook it up to a monitor and such if you felt so compelled.

Beautiful!

Okay. I'm buying it. 

On 9/19/2017 at 5:55 PM, Haxosaur said:

Short and sweet: gtx 1080 + i7700 + 120hz display.....for a laptop. Does it exist around 2500 dollars? Does it exist at all?

I'm a over the road truck driver and on my limited downtime between driving from California to Maryland and Pennsylvania and Oregon... I want to relax with a quality gaming experience.  I want to play LoL, WoW and CS:go   on ultra high settings as well as record gameplay and stream.

Can someone please help me? Thanks.

get a mouse just FYI

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing