Need recommendations for a quiet mechanical keyboard

Cyier

I am looking for recommendations on a new mechanical keyboard for gaming.  I currently have a Razer BlackWidow from 2012 that is starting to have some problems.  I love the mechanical keyboard feel but HHHHAATTTEEEE the noise.  I constantly get, “You have the loudest keyboard in the world!” comments when I’m on the phone or in Mumble/Vent.  I do have the habit of typing fast and hitting the keys hard, which does not help the noise level.  While searching around for other recommendation posts here I’ve seen compact keyboards that have a smaller footprint which I’m interested in.  I would be happier to not have the number pad section but if this isn’t an option then I will deal with the full size keyboard.  My budget is around $150US.  I do not have any big box stores that have mechanical keyboards on display to test.  Can you recommend a good gaming mechanical keyboard that would fit most of my needs?  Thank you for your help and time!

My mechanical keyboard wishlist:

1      1.  Quiet (I’ve seen Cherry MX Silent switch recommendations  but some reviews say it can still be loud, especially the space bar)

2      2.  Smaller footprint (regular keyboard size without the number pad)

3.  RGB lighting with clear letters/number caps, not stickers.

4      4.  Solid and durable keyboard.

I would do a hybrid "Mem" chanical keyboard instead. Basically the keys sit on a padded shelf, so it doesn't feel as "clicky" as full mechanical keyboard, but it still feels good, and the noise will be greatly muted.

Outside of that asking for a quiet mechanical keyboard is like asking for pool that won't get you wet :D

I would rather agree on what we share, than fight on what we don't. - Myself

FULL PC SPECS ON PROFILE https://linustechtips.com/main/profile/454099-thinkfreely/

You can get a keyboard with MX Silents as well and buy rubber O-rings and put them under the keys. I have heard of people doing this and apparently it works well

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

15 minutes ago, Cyier said:

I am looking for recommendations on a new mechanical keyboard for gaming.  I currently have a Razer BlackWidow from 2012 that is starting to have some problems.  I love the mechanical keyboard feel but HHHHAATTTEEEE the noise.  I constantly get, “You have the loudest keyboard in the world!” comments when I’m on the phone or in Mumble/Vent.  I do have the habit of typing fast and hitting the keys hard, which does not help the noise level.  While searching around for other recommendation posts here I’ve seen compact keyboards that have a smaller footprint which I’m interested in.  I would be happier to not have the number pad section but if this isn’t an option then I will deal with the full size keyboard.  My budget is around $150US.  I do not have any big box stores that have mechanical keyboards on display to test.  Can you recommend a good gaming mechanical keyboard that would fit most of my needs?  Thank you for your help and time!

My mechanical keyboard wishlist:

1      1.  Quiet (I’ve seen Cherry MX Silent switch recommendations  but some reviews say it can still be loud, especially the space bar)

2      2.  Smaller footprint (regular keyboard size without the number pad)

3.  RGB lighting with clear letters/number caps, not stickers.

4      4.  Solid and durable keyboard.

welp im gonna hit you with an unpopular opinion.

get a logitech keyboard with Romer-G switches.

i have one and they are EXTREMELY quiet.

the tenkeyless RGB model is super cheap because the newer model came out.

they are like cherry mx browns but quieter

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01645FHEI/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_7?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

Personally, i would suggest MX browns and ger o-rings for it if you love the feel of blues but dislike the noise. They will not be silent but should be much quieter than blues.

1 hour ago, SlipperyPete said:

welp im gonna hit you with an unpopular opinion.

get a logitech keyboard with Romer-G switches.

i have one and they are EXTREMELY quiet.

Why is it an unpopular opinion? 

23 hours ago, Cyier said:

Why is it an unpopular opinion? 

the large majority of people dont like the key switches. im not sure why but thats what ive found anyway

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb