Wiring Pump Question

So my pump has a molex and a fan wire that needs to get connected. But here is my dilemma I have 2 phanteks fan hubs that are all 3 pin and the hub then has an extra 4 pin wire that the Manuel says to connect to the Mobo CPU fan. The molex on the pump I assume I connect directly to the PSU but I was going to put the pump fan wire to the fan hub, however the pump fan is 4 pin and fan hub is 3 so... 

Should I buy some kind of adapter like molex to fan? Or could I connect the fan hubs 4 pin to the Mobos sys fan and use pump 4 pin to Mobos CPU fan? Or vice versa?

Plug molex into the psu. Plug the pump into the hub or the cpu fan header. If you would want to know when the pump failed or control it separately. I used to have mine plugged into my hub, now its on the cpu opt header.

A 4 pin can plug into 3 pin just fine and work the exact same.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

OK thnx one thing I forgot to mention is the pump fan wire  has the end plug of a 4 pin but there is only 2 wires actually connected to it and the 1 wire makes no connection with the 3 pin fan hub. Dunno if that matters or not?

Try it with the hub or just plug in into the board somewhere. Isn't much to it. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

10 hours ago, Mustachio Furioso said:

OK thnx one thing I forgot to mention is the pump fan wire  has the end plug of a 4 pin but there is only 2 wires actually connected to it and the 1 wire makes no connection with the 3 pin fan hub. Dunno if that matters or not?

10 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Try it with the hub or just plug in into the board somewhere. Isn't much to it. 

Sounds like it's a 4-pin PWM header reporting only the rpm and receiving PWM signal. No point connecting It to a voltage controlled fan hub.

Should connect to a 4-pin genuine PWM header if you want anything meaningful out of it.

11 minutes ago, For Science! said:

Sounds like it's a 4-pin PWM header reporting only the rpm and receiving PWM signal. No point connecting It to a voltage controlled fan hub.

Should connect to a 4-pin genuine PWM header if you want anything meaningful out of it.

OK I guess I will connect it to the mobo then thnx.