looking for new fps game

PurplDrank

I got one it's Minecraft (one of the genres is FPS) 

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

I would recommend rainbow six siege, its a very tactical and depending on how you want to play it an become very competitive and serious, I have over 800 hours played and am still enjoying it. plus there is new content every 3 months.

Quake if you're into solo shooters. And Battlefield games for multiplayer. Or Squad/rising storm if you're into realism shooters. And COD Zombies/Killing Floor series for a arcade shoot em up.

17 hours ago, PurplDrank said:

i play pubg, CSGO and overwatch. any recommendations on something new? 

Insurgency as well!

CPU Intel i7 8700K @5Ghz Motherboard ROG Maximus Hero 10 RAM Corsair Vengeance 32GB 3600MHz 

GPU MSI Gaming X 1080ti Case Thermaltake Core P3  Storage SSD Boot plus Samsung 960 Evo M.2 nvme storage 

PSU Corsair RM750W Gold Display Asus ROG Strix XG32VQ 144Hz 1440p Cooling Corsair H100i V2 

Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK FX Mouse Roccat Kone Aimo Audio MK3 Fostex T50RP + Schiit Magni 3 AMP and Modi 2 DAC 
Operating System Win 10

VR HTC Vive, Audio Strap Motion Platform DOF Reality 2 DOF

Midair if you enjoy dead games.
Personally my go to FPS is CoD Black Ops 3.
It is objectively the best CoD game to ever be released.

1 hour ago, TheGreatWizardCalder said:

Ooo...midair is almost like tribes. But dead it will be indeed.

I disagree COD 2 and COD 4 are the best games from COD. COD ww2 might change the game though

7 minutes ago, Nephanor said:

And whatever you do, avoid Lawbreakers.  Not worth it.

I was thinking about picking that up. why is it not worth?

Just now, PurplDrank said:

I was thinking about picking that up. why is it not worth?

Beside being basically a Quake/Unreal arena match concept with just a few added elements, the guys that made it have a history of doing a terrible job.  So bad that the current average players online count, on a game that is not even a month old and hyped to the max....went from 7,482 at it's peak....to 184 online average.  Now couple that with an absolutely terrible matchmaking system, and you can imagine the disaster.  Plus the whole way they do "class balance" is lopsided.  You are good at one thing, and crap at everything else.  It's a gimmick FPS.  I agree with sun, Quake/Unreal for solo, Battlefield for team play.

On 14/09/2017 at 4:46 PM, Nephanor said:

Beside being basically a Quake/Unreal arena match concept with just a few added elements, the guys that made it have a history of doing a terrible job.  So bad that the current average players online count, on a game that is not even a month old and hyped to the max....went from 7,482 at it's peak....to 184 online average.  Now couple that with an absolutely terrible matchmaking system, and you can imagine the disaster.  Plus the whole way they do "class balance" is lopsided.  You are good at one thing, and crap at everything else.  It's a gimmick FPS.  I agree with sun, Quake/Unreal for solo, Battlefield for team play.

Lawbreakers has a Very Positive review score on Steam, with around 3,000 reviews. People seem to say that the game itself is great, with the biggest criticism being the low player count.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/350280/LawBreakers/

If OP is in the USA, it might not be as bad. If they were in Europe, they might have a hard time finding a game. Of course, the game can be returned so long as it hasn't been played for more than 2 hours.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Ahem...

Rainbow Six: Siege...

That is all. 

I suggest Battlefield 4. It's still played on PC and is pretty cheap when on sale. You can get BF1 if you like the historical setting, but I personally find it boring so recommend 4. If you want to try the game out for free it has a 7 day trial where it has everything available besides the expansions. Just go to Origin and the trial is on the BF4 page.

Tried the beta and Lawbreakers was fun, but it seemed more like a console game in how it was played so I didn't buy it.

I wouldn't recommend TF2 until Valve gets better servers. Scouts teleport around in Valve servers. Can't even aim properly. It's fine in community servers, but the actual communities that it used to have are no longer there. I tried joining a bunch of servers and no one talks. Before the game went F2P the game was so much better.

The new cod is going to open beta on the 29th September. I'll agree with anyone that all cods lately have been shit (for me, after black ops 1). But I'm hoping this year's will be good.
You could also play Battlefield 1, though you may want to wait for the new patch to come in as it apparently changes the gun play quite a bit.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

On 9/15/2017 at 3:04 AM, TheGreatWizardCalder said:

hello, does COD BO3 have decent amount of players? i want to buy a FPS game too,for multiplayer and i do not have a lot of money. BO3, ghosts and advanced warfare are available on G2A at a affordable price and i was thinking of buying one but i stepped back because im not sure if there are populated servers available.and because ppl have also been complaining that COD has been going too futuristic and they hate it,im not sure if many people have bought the game and the ones who bought it are still playing it.

+1 for Rainbow Six Siege

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

My suggestions:

• America's Army: Proving Grounds
  • Insurgency
  • Black Squad (free version of CS:GO)
  • Squad
  • Arma 3
  • Battlefield 1 (or 4)
  • Project Reality
  • Playerunknown's Battlegrounds
  • Ghost Recon's Wildlands
  • Verdun
  • Heros and Generals

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |