Is anyone else getting cortana ads?

Zimbwaxe
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

If you have the option enable for it, yes you will get on occasions some "ads" that informs you of features you haven't used in Windows, or something that might interest you.

Start > Settings > System > Notifications & Actions. And turn off: "Get tips, trick, and suggestions as you use Windows"

I just got a popup advertising the cortana app

Does anyone else get it or is it just me?

I had a similar experience, but except it was bing in this instance. I kept on getting emails constantly about winning $7,000 in prizes for some random giveaway thing, I know the feeling, it is annoying as hell, especially when half the time the advertisement is something that you dont even care about. Although, I havent experienced any ads regarding the cortana app, could be just a recommendation from microsoft that cortana is a good assistant and is more convenient for various situations or something.

If you have the option enable for it, yes you will get on occasions some "ads" that informs you of features you haven't used in Windows, or something that might interest you.

Start > Settings > System > Notifications & Actions. And turn off: "Get tips, trick, and suggestions as you use Windows"

Oh alright, cheers.

4 minutes ago, GoodBytes said: