• Great camera
  • Above average battery life
  • Wireless and typeC charging
  • Robust settings customization

The Bad

• Samsung Bloatware
  • Google Bloatware
  • Too small bezels leave little hand room
  • Vertical shape makes it annoying to one-hand.
  • The speakers are not frontfacing
  • Curved edges have limited utility and makes it harder to case.
  • Digital home button conflicts with active apps.

The Ugly

• Holding the phone covers the speakers
  • Bad value at $800 Price
  • Bixby Button is mandatory.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

Huh, I've always been a fan of the curved edges thaught it made the phones more ergonomic. My biggest fret with samsung is when they removed the IR blaster when they jumped from S6 to S7.

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

3 minutes ago, 21rkosta said:

fan of the curved edges thaught it made the phones more ergonomic

It does.The curved edges are glass though so it makes it more slippery because there's less space to grab

My life

@Himommies I never really had that problem, might just be because ive had phones with curved edges for two generations so im kinda used to it by now

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

Just now, 21rkosta said:

@Himommies I never really had that problem, might just be because ive had phones with curved edges for two generations so im kinda used to it by now

The galaxy s8 sucks to me because I can never grip it properly,but if you can it's a great device

My life

59 minutes ago, minervx said:

The Good

• Bright display
  • Picture quality
  • Narrow design
  • Good processor and graphics
  • Sizable memory and storage
  • Great camera
  • Above average battery life
  • Wireless and typeC charging
  • Robust settings customization

The Bad

• Samsung Bloatware
  • Google Bloatware
  • Too small bezels leave little hand room
  • Vertical shape makes it annoying to one-hand.
  • The speakers are not frontfacing
  • Curved edges have limited utility and makes it harder to case.
  • Digital home button conflicts with active apps.

The Ugly

• Holding the phone covers the speakers
  • Bad value at $800 Price
  • Bixby Button is mandatory.

no idea what you mean by google bloatware. even Pixel phones have Google's apps / services

what do you mean by

1 hour ago, minervx said:

Digital home button conflicts with active apps.

i can somewhat agree with the curved screen. palm rejection is worse than i thought.. i heard you can change rejection but not sure how 

not like every flagship this year has front-facing. tho the Pixel 2 may have them

the phone can't be had for $800. it's on sale pretty much all the time, least in US

Bixby can be remapped. tho they're pretty janky, and Samsung doesn't like you remapping 

- Moved to Member Reviews -

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 9/11/2017 at 6:43 PM, Technicolors said:

no idea what you mean by google bloatware. even Pixel phones have Google's apps / services

This is a fundamental flaw of Android.  My dad got charged for large data consumption, and it turned out G-Mail was the culprit, and he never even uses it.

Samsung's bloatware on top of it is bothersome.  I do like the settings menu but most of everything else is unneeded.

not like every flagship this year has front-facing. tho the Pixel 2 may have them

They should.

the phone can't be had for $800. it's on sale pretty much all the time, least in US

But the only way to get a reasonable price is to be owned by a carrier.

Bixby can be remapped. tho they're pretty janky, and Samsung doesn't like you remapping 

Not conveniently.  Three of the highly rated remap apps I've tried failed.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

23 minutes ago, minervx said:

This is a fundamental flaw of Android.  My dad got charged for large data consumption, and it turned out G-Mail was the culprit, and he never even uses it.

Samsung's bloatware on top of it is bothersome.  I do like the settings menu but most of everything else is unneeded.

i've never ran into that problem, where a rouge app suddenly uses crap ton of data. the latest Android versions, least past Android L, have some doze features that prevent it. 

while i'll always prefer stock android, Grace UX isn't that bad as Touchwiz once was. 

25 minutes ago, minervx said:

But the only way to get a reasonable price is to be owned by a carrier.

i got my unlocked S8 for several hundred dollars off, direct from samsung.