Need help looking for a laptop.

Hello people, I'm looking for a gaming laptop in order to replace my PC. My GPU died recently, and since my system is pretty old and would probably need a major overhaul anyway, I decided it would be better to get a gaming laptop now that I'll be needing anyway in a year when I'm at university. Now, it's really tempting to go balls to the wall and just get a Razer Blade Pro, but I realise that would be incredibly stupid since I could build a PC for half the price that performs better (and I would also be murdering my wallet in cold blood). I need some recommendations for laptops to take a look at. It needs to be reasonably powerful since it will be replacing my PC for the next 4-5 years. I play games like Battlefield, GTA V, Arma 3 and modded Skyrim and Fallout 4. Therefore, it's quite important to me that it has a decent CPU (since Arma 3 is quite CPU-heavy) and that it has as much VRAM as possible so that I can use texture mods for Skyrim and Fallout 4. My budget around €2,000, with the maximum I'm willing to spend on it being about €2,500. Thanks in advance!

My personal favorites right now:

Alienware 13 OLED

MSI Stealth Pro

Gigabyte Aero 15

I would also recommend referring to this thread for more recommendations with more detail:

3 minutes ago, turoktony said:

Hello people, I'm looking for a gaming laptop in order to replace my PC. My GPU died recently, and since my system is pretty old and would probably need a major overhaul anyway, I decided it would be better to get a gaming laptop now that I'll be needing anyway in a year when I'm at university. Now, it's really tempting to go balls to the wall and just get a Razer Blade Pro, but I realise that would be incredibly stupid since I could build a PC for half the price that performs better (and I would also be murdering my wallet in cold blood). I need some recommendations for laptops to take a look at. It needs to be reasonably powerful since it will be replacing my PC for the next 4-5 years. I play games like Battlefield, GTA V, Arma 3 and modded Skyrim and Fallout 4. Therefore, it's quite important to me that it has a decent CPU (since Arma 3 is quite CPU-heavy) and that it has as much VRAM as possible so that I can use texture mods for Skyrim and Fallout 4. My budget around €2,000, with the maximum I'm willing to spend on it being about €2,500. Thanks in advance!

the razer blade pro thermal throttles anyways, so your performance is gimped a lot and it has a shit ton of build quality and quality control problems.

Basically go here https://www.obsidian-pc.com/en/?___from_store=pt and pick out the strongest laptop you can afford, they are all Clevo, so temps and so on are good, plus that store has really good support

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

HP Omen 15-CE003NJ 1ZL37EA i7-7700HQ

Lenovo IdeaPad Legion Y920-17 80YW001EIV i7

Asus Republic Of Gamers GL702VS-GC049T i7-7700HQ

1 minute ago, xIHuNTeRIx said:

But keep in mind those are heavy gaming laptops they looks heavy and if u go to university u wanna think on something strong yet solid

personally I whould go this one HP Omen 15-CE003NJ 1ZL37EA i7-7700HQ

some solid look strong laptops

Asus ZenBook Pro UX550VD-BO098T i7-7700HQ

Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 720 80X7003JIV i7-7700HQ

Lenovo IdeaPad Legion Y920-17 80YW001HIV i7

Asus Republic Of Gamers G752VS-GB358T i7-7820HK

and those two little more expensive but I think at ur max budget hope I helped :D

3 minutes ago, xIHuNTeRIx said:

personally I whould go this one HP Omen 15-CE003NJ 1ZL37EA i7-7700HQ

some solid look strong laptops

Asus ZenBook Pro UX550VD-BO098T i7-7700HQ

Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 720 80X7003JIV i7-7700HQ

Thanks a lot, I'll be taking a look at these!

35 minutes ago, xIHuNTeRIx said:

no problem :D let me know the one you liked

I won't lie, out of all the laptops recommended here, I think the Gigabyte Aero 15 has stolen my heart!

2 minutes ago, turoktony said:

I won't lie, out of all the laptops recommended here, I think the Gigabyte Aero 15 has stolen my heart!

I agree with you I don't think we got that laptop here

Ok, we have results! I am down to the Gigabyte Aero 15 and the MSI GS63VR (Stealth Pro). They have the same CPU and GPU, the difference is that with the Stealth Pro I would be getting an HDD as well as a (lower capacity) SSD and it is also cheaper. I'm currently leaning towards the Aero 15, though. I'll sleep on it and see what I think tomorrow morning. Thanks a lot for your recommendations guys! :D

2 hours ago, xIHuNTeRIx said:

1-HP Omens are awful

2-Lenovos are awful

3-Asus laptops aren't the greatest.

1 hour ago, lilbman said:

1-HP Omens are awful

2-Lenovos are awful

3-Asus laptops aren't the greatest.

wrong. Depends on the model

1 hour ago, turoktony said:

Ok, we have results! I am down to the Gigabyte Aero 15 and the MSI GS63VR (Stealth Pro). They have the same CPU and GPU, the difference is that with the Stealth Pro I would be getting an HDD as well as a (lower capacity) SSD and it is also cheaper. I'm currently leaning towards the Aero 15, though. I'll sleep on it and see what I think tomorrow morning. Thanks a lot for your recommendations guys! :D

aero 15 is an excellent laptop, go for it. 

4 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

wrong. Depends on the model

From my personal experience with HP Omens, they are poorly built, are quite loud even when idling, and their keyboard and screen feel and look like they came right off of one of their Pavilion models.

18 minutes ago, lilbman said:

From my personal experience with HP Omens, they are poorly built, are quite loud even when idling, and their keyboard and screen feel and look like they came right off of one of their Pavilion models.

I don't know about hp, I personally think asus is pretty good, although my friend had a Lenovo gaming PC last year and it overheated and melted the display. I don't recommend it at all...

"I'm not really that old, I'm just 18 + shipping" -Unknown

Please tell me why you aren't on dark theme already.

Herro my dark theme brothers.

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro Mid-2012 Non-Retinai7-3720QM, 8GB DDR3L-1600, 250GB SSD, macOS 10.13

Phone: iPhone 7 Plus that is patiently waiting to be jailbroken.

15 hours ago, nerdslayer1 said:

aero 15 is an excellent laptop, go for it. 

I whould go for the aero 15 too I love hes screen

I've decided that I'm gonna go for the Aero 15. Thanks for all your help guys!