Is paying for AVG Antivirus worth it?

I use AVG as my antivirus program and I'm just sick to death of getting all these "your trial has expired buy premium now" etc. etc. messages and I'm considering just buying it just so it can stop I can actually use the program how I want... I don't know of any other free antivirus' that I like that don't have this annoyance either if there is some recommendations would be nice. Or if I'm considering paying for AVG is there any other antivirus programs I would be better off paying for?

I don't think AVG is necessary. MS security essentials should do fine for basic protection, and free Malwarebytes should do you good.  

Delta R5 Build

CPU: AMD RYZEN 1600 Purchased

Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS  Purchased

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3000MHX (2X8GB) Purchased

CPU COOLER: DeepCool GAMMAXX 400 GT RGB Purchased

GPU: Gigabyte Xtreme Aorus 6gb GTX 1060 Purchased

Case: NZXT S340 (White) Purchased

PSU: EVGA 550B3 Purchased

HDD: WD Blue 1TB  Purchased

SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB Purchased

Wifi Card: Asus PCE-N15 PCI-E 1X Purchased

--BUILD READY--

I agree with @Doughmay, abit of brain and maybe Malwarebytes should be good

Q: How many prolog programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?

A: Yes.

34 minutes ago, Doughmay said:

I don't think AVG is necessary. MS security essentials should do fine for basic protection, and free Malwarebytes should do you good.  

I should've added this in my post but I'm using Windows 10 and I don't see a download for Security essentials for W10, will Windows Defender be good enough?

As a computer security and digital information professional let me chime in.  AVG and AVAST are now the same company, the programs are essentially exactaly the same, as are virus data bases that they use.  I personally use AVG premium for all my computers and pay for my license because I am looking for that extra little bit of control and monitoring.  That and my laptop often connects to super private and confidential networks where a data breech on them would be very bad.  For this reason I need the extra added protection.

As far as Microsoft security essentials (From this point forward referred to as MSE) and Windows Defender, as of windows 10, MSE is not installable because it is built into windows 10 as Windows Defender.  Windows defender provides rudimentary antivirus and basic vulnerability protection only.  It is not a replacement for a professional or premium antivirus software unless paired with an active antiriot kit solution or an active antimalware solution.